Help with PAL Games on PSX

SHIVER_169

Help with PAL Games on PSX

Unread post by SHIVER_169 »

Hi.

Any form to force NTSC vídeo for PAL games in this core. My TV only works with NTSC standard and if MiSTer out PAL signal the TV show a message with incompatible resolution all of this via HDMI.

Thanks for all ideas.
goodmaki

Re: Help with PAL Games on PSX

Unread post by goodmaki »

I'm not sure at the moment if this is possible but if you use vsync_adjust=0 it will work via HDMI fine, albeit with some added latency.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

As goodmaki already said vsync_adjust=0 is your only option. This doesn't mean that PAL games will run in 60Hz NTSC but that the core runs in 50Hz and the picture is displayed on a 60Hz screen. This will lead to choppiness, but is your best option if your TV doesn't handle 50Hz.

The PAL games were made to run in 50Hz specifically. In 60Hz they would run to fast (the same applies vice versa, NTSC games run slower in PAL). In general running PAL games on NTSC or NTSC games on PAL will give you headaches that are most of the time not worth the effort.

Which PAL games specifically you are interested in?
SHIVER_169

Unread post by SHIVER_169 »

Chris23235 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 am As goodmaki already said vsync_adjust=0 is your only option. This doesn't mean that PAL games will run in 60Hz NTSC but that the core runs in 50Hz and the picture is displayed on a 60Hz screen. This will lead to choppiness, but is your best option if your TV doesn't handle 50Hz.

The PAL games were made to run in 50Hz specifically. In 60Hz they would run to fast (the same applies vice versa, NTSC games run slower in PAL). In general running PAL games on NTSC or NTSC games on PAL will give you headaches that are most of the time not worth the effort.

Hi.

Thanks for your response, I interesting in 2 or 3 Games included ISS Pro Evolution 2 Eur exclusive and any RPGs my natal lenguaje is Spanish and prefer playing this games in this lenguaje and only the EUR versions containing Spanish lenguaje.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

SHIVER_169 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:40 am
Chris23235 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 am As goodmaki already said vsync_adjust=0 is your only option. This doesn't mean that PAL games will run in 60Hz NTSC but that the core runs in 50Hz and the picture is displayed on a 60Hz screen. This will lead to choppiness, but is your best option if your TV doesn't handle 50Hz.

Hi.

Thanks for your response, I interesting in 2 or 3 Games included ISS Pro Evolution 2 Eur exclusive and any RPGs my natal lenguaje is Spanish and prefer playing this games in this lenguaje and only the EUR versions containing Spanish lenguaje.
Yeah, unfortunately these games with sports licences are among the few that will be different for the regions. In this case you can use vsync_adjust=0, but the gameplay experience won't be perfect. If you have a monitor you can try if 50Hz are synced here, but I agree a big TV is not the same as a smaller monitor.