PSX Analog Controls Not Working

DarkForce_256

PSX Analog Controls Not Working

Unread post by DarkForce_256 »

I feel like I am missing something simple here but this is my problem:

I have tried a DS4, Dualsense, XBOX 1 controller. Tried wired and wireless, but I can't get the analog sticks to work in analog games.
I have used Mister for years so I know how to define a controller in the main menu then again in the core menu. The controllers work in digital mode rumble works everything. My touch pad works to switch modes but nothing I can do gets the sticks to be recognized L3 and R3 stick clicks register but not analog.

I tried a fresh Mister install, swapped out my USB hub tried everything I could think of but maybe I am missing a step? When I load the controller input test core the analog sticks aren't registering in there either, I've tried fast usb polling on and off as well.

When I define the controllers in the main mister menu the sticks register on their respective prompts.

Googling this and I can't find anyone else with this problem which makes me think it's something simple that I'm missing, any ideas?
rhester72
Top Contributor

Re: PSX Analog Controls Not Working

Unread post by rhester72 »

L3+R3+Up (in-game, not at the boot screen).
Waifu4Life

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

Welcome to the club: viewtopic.php?t=4694
Also, what USB Hub are you using?
DarkForce_256

Ah I was going crazy thinking it was just me. I use an Amazon basics powered USB hub but I tried without the hub and same issue
Waifu4Life

DarkForce_256 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:12 pm Ah I was going crazy thinking it was just me. I use an Amazon basics powered USB hub but I tried without the hub and same issue
I use the MiSTer MultiSystem and the Hub that's built-in, so I guess that rules out the USB Hub theory then.
DarkForce_256

I feel it has to be the way we define the controllers. Ruled just about everything else out. Fresh install multiple controllers etc
Waifu4Life

DarkForce_256 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:25 pm I feel it has to be the way we define the controllers. Ruled just about everything else out. Fresh install multiple controllers etc
Tried that already. As I stated in my topic, I did a fresh install on another MicroSD card and got the same results. I think the issue is with the Main MiSTer core, I get the feeling that the mapped analog controls are not properly exported to the other cores. My theory is that other files are required to make this work properly that may have been part of the update script in the past and are not longer there. I wish Sorgelig could give his opinion on the matter.
DarkForce_256

Are your sticks not registering in the input tester utility either?
Waifu4Life

DarkForce_256 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:21 pm Are your sticks not registering in the input tester utility either?
Have you checked my video in the post?
DarkForce_256

the_importer wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:16 pm
DarkForce_256 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:21 pm Are your sticks not registering in the input tester utility either?
Have you checked my video in the post?
I see, mine is exactly the same.
DarkForce_256

I re attempted today and it works now?! I wonder if it is my OTG cable, I don't understand how it made a difference but doing that and using an un powered USB hub I got analog controls to work with an XBOX controller, then plugged my DS4 back in and that works as well, even input tester sees it, makes no sense to me.
Waifu4Life

DarkForce_256 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 am I re attempted today and it works now?! I wonder if it is my OTG cable, I don't understand how it made a difference but doing that and using an un powered USB hub I got analog controls to work with an XBOX controller, then plugged my DS4 back in and that works as well, even input tester sees it, makes no sense to me.
Makes no sense to me either. Well, happy you got yours working.
DarkForce_256

Try changing OTG cable it's cheap and worth a shot
Waifu4Life

DarkForce_256 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:18 pm Try changing OTG cable it's cheap and worth a shot
What's an OTG cable?

Never mind, just tried it, didn't change anything.