Since Official Release I Get "ED" Error With Every PSX Game with Red Book Audio

Waifu4Life

Since Official Release I Get "ED" Error With Every PSX Game with Red Book Audio

Unread post by Waifu4Life »

Ever since the official release, I get the "ED" (with a black screen) error with every PSX game that includes red book audio (CD soundtracks). I did not have this issues with the Nightly releases. I tried different BIOS files, same deal.
darksakul

Re: Since Official Release I Get "ED" Error With Every PSX Game with Red Book Audio

Unread post by darksakul »

Did you update the MiSTer main as well?
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
shimazu

Re: Since Official Release I Get "ED" Error With Every PSX Game with Red Book Audio

Unread post by shimazu »

if you're using an external hhd for games, did you copy boot-boot1-boot2 files under hhd's \games\PSX\ too ?
Waifu4Life

darksakul wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:42 am Did you update the MiSTer main as well?
I'm using MiSTer_20220517
shimazu wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:16 pm if you're using an external hhd for games, did you copy boot-boot1-boot2 files under hhd's \games\PSX\ too ?
Everything is on my 400GB MicroSD card. Also, I only use a single BIOS file which has been renamed boot.bin.
charmless

Unread post by charmless »

You need three bios files to run US, Jap and PAL games.

boot.rom => US BIOS
boot1.rom => JP BIOS
boot2.rom => EU BIOS

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

Waifu4Life

charmless wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:05 pm You need three bios files to run US, Jap and PAL games.

boot.rom => US BIOS
boot1.rom => JP BIOS
boot2.rom => EU BIOS
Ah, I thought having the wrong disc region would have brought me back to the BIOS screen. Well this worked fine, thank you.