Vertical Arcade Cores Filtering?

agent4125

Vertical Arcade Cores Filtering?

Unread post by agent4125 »

Hi, new user here!

Trying to setup my MiSTer for my arcade cabinet that is set in tate/vertical mode. Ideally I'd like to have only the vertical arcade cores listed and selectable, but to also have them updated when I run the update_all script. Is there a way to do this? Currently I have all arcade cores showing, but it's pointless on my vertical monitor to have all the horizontal cores listed.

Thanks
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Vertical Arcade Cores Filtering?

Unread post by akeley »

You can use the Arcade Organiser from update_all, it has an option for Vertical / Horizontal filtering. The downside/#firstworldproblem is that you need to navigate there through 5 different menu entries on every boot: Arcade - Organised - Video - Rotation - Vertical.

Maybe there's an easier way of doing it through update_all's ini or some such. Or maybe you could use this Favourites script: viewtopic.php?t=4470
_javi_

Unread post by _javi_ »

akeley wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 pm You can use the Arcade Organiser from update_all, it has an option for Vertical / Horizontal filtering. The downside/#firstworldproblem is that you need to navigate there through 5 different menu entries on every boot: Arcade - Organised - Video - Rotation - Vertical.

Maybe there's an easier way of doing it through update_all's ini or some such. Or maybe you could use this Favourites script: viewtopic.php?t=4470
I used the favourite script to make an entry dir. Then moved all the rbf from "Arcade - Organised - Video - Rotation - Vertical" to there.
Renamed to @roTATEd and i'm a happy puppy. :D :D

Still i need to make an alt_mister.ini to make the Mister menu vertical.
agent4125

Thanks. I'll take a look at those scripts mentioned, maybe I can modify them to do exactly what I want.

Cheers!
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

There's a differentiation between clockwise and counterclockwise rotation, so you can't quickly do it in just one directory. Many cores seem to be listed in both dirs, which makes it a little more confusing.

You can set up symlinks with these commands:

Code: Select all

cd /media/fat/_Arcade
ln -s "_Organized/_4 Video & Inputs/_2 Rotation/_Vertical (CW)/" "_Vertical(CW)"
ln -s "_Organized/_4 Video & Inputs/_2 Rotation/_Vertical (CCW)/" "_Vertical(CCW)"
That will give you Vertical(CW) and Vertical(CCW) dirs just under Arcade, so you can get to them very quickly. If theypsilon ever changes the names of those dirs, the symlinks will break, so I can't guarantee they'll work indefinitely. It's possible that updates might remove the symlinks. I've only tested creating them, I haven't tested keeping them around for awhile. :-)
agent4125

Ah that's really helpful, thanks!
Sharpfork

Unread post by Sharpfork »

agent4125 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:38 am

Ah that's really helpful, thanks!

What did you end up doing?