Strange Behaviour in DOS [Solved]

geiger9

Strange Behaviour in DOS [Solved]

Unread post by geiger9 »

I noticed similar behaviour after a few months of using this core and I just kind of ignored it because most of the games I tried worked. Then it just kinda kept bothering me so I decided to do a fresh install of DOS to see if that would help.

xqyzBY5.jpg
xqyzBY5.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 726 times

This was a simple batch file:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF
CLS
:START
ECHO ##############################################################################
ECHO #                                                                            #
ECHO #    Hello DOS Retro Gamers!                                                 #
ECHO #                                                                            #
ECHO #    I'm Phil (PhilsComputerLab). Welcome to the MS-DOS Starter Pack!        #
ECHO #    This is for pure MS-DOS 6.22 and 7.1 only. DON'T install in Windows 9x! #
ECHO #    The MS-DOS Starter Pack installs mouse and CD/DVD drivers as well as    #
ECHO #    a start-up menu for memory options (conventional, XMS and EMS). It      #
ECHO #    should work with pretty much every DOS game!                            #
ECHO #    Existing config.sys and autoexec.bat will get replaced!                 #
ECHO #    Press any key to commence installation!                                 #
ECHO #    Press CTRL+C to abort the installation!                                 #
ECHO ##############################################################################
pause
if not exist c:\drivers\nul md c:\drivers
copy ctmouse.exe c:\drivers /y
copy videcdd.sys c:\drivers /y
copy autoexec.bat c:\ /y
copy config.sys c:\ /y
and it did work on real hardware. I made sure the file was not corrupted on the MiSTer by going into edit in DOS.

While troubleshooting the issue I had to reboot the MiSTer a few times and after a few reboots, the problem fixed itself. But then there was another problem:

nay4jM1.jpg
nay4jM1.jpg (59.62 KiB) Viewed 724 times

I've rebooted several times now and this is not going away. I checked my autoexec.bat and it's very simple - nothing there to cause the behaviour seen above. My MiSTer is V220220 and the ao486 core is the latest version. I did try and redownload the boot0 and boot1 rom files and replace them on the MiSTer but this problem still persists. Everything is being run off a microSD card in the MiSTer.

What's happening here? How can I fix this?
geiger9

Re: Strange Behaviour in DOS [Solved]

Unread post by geiger9 »

Thanks to flynnsbit on the discord server for telling me how to fix this:

I had to open my autoexec and bat files in edit and then just save them. Something something CRLF to LF issue.