How to Properly Setup PSX Memory Card?

pbsk8

How to Properly Setup PSX Memory Card?

Unread post by pbsk8 »

So I just played 2 stages of ape escape and saved in game.

then when I reboot mister and try to play the game again, there is no save file. Even when I start psx core and go to memory card option, it is not there.

Is there something I have to do first to create a memory card file and put it in some folder in sd card?
AtomicShroom

Re: How to Properly Setup PSX Memory Card?

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

pbsk8 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:16 pm So I just played 2 stages of ape escape and saved in game.

then when I reboot mister and try to play the game again, there is no save file. Even when I start psx core and go to memory card option, it is not there.

Is there something I have to do first to create a memory card file and put it in some folder in sd card?
You need to select “Save Memory Cards” in the MiSTer menu after a save has taken place in the game, or otherwise turn on Autosave in the MiSTer menu and not forget to open the menu to trigger a save.
dyne

Unread post by dyne »

Is the PS core different from other cores in that when you go into the menu to trigger the autosave it doesn't give you a prompt? I kind of wish it acted like the other cores in regard to that.
AtomicShroom

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

dyne wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:10 pm Is the PS core different from other cores in that when you go into the menu to trigger the autosave it doesn't give you a prompt? I kind of wish it acted like the other cores in regard to that.
Yeah it doesn’t give a prompt for some reason. Not sure if it’s an omission or technical limitation.
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

it uses a different way. But i can add a overlay that comes up when the OSD is closed again