Possible to Use Two Controller for P1 in Parallel

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
csm1313

Possible to Use Two Controller for P1 in Parallel

Unread post by csm1313 »

Kind of an odd ask, but is there anyway to have multiple controllers registered as the same player? Buddy and I have been playing through some different turn based games, such as Xcom on PC using Parsec, and basically brute forcing them into CoOp experiences. We are looking to do the same with Final Fantasy Tactics, and are wondering if there is a way to register multiple controllers to player one at the same time.
Jimi369

Re: Possible to Use Two Controller for P1 in Parallel

Unread post by Jimi369 »

You could try to use the Super Joy Box 5 pro.

super-joybox-5-pro-4-polster-psx-ps2-pc-pc-computer-and-sat-tv-mayflash-1366-700x700.jpg
super-joybox-5-pro-4-polster-psx-ps2-pc-pc-computer-and-sat-tv-mayflash-1366-700x700.jpg (62.58 KiB) Viewed 557 times

I was hoping to use it as a multi tap but every controller that was connected was registered to player 1.
I tested this last weekend.

Edit- I defined the buttons for each connected controller separately. Still it all works for the same player, so it might suit your purpose.
csm1313

Re: Possible to Use Two Controller for P1 in Parallel

Unread post by csm1313 »

Early looking I don't see that available anywhere, but I will keep digging. Thanks for the lead.