Romset recent update for The Eye of Typhoon (Tsunami/Saiki)

jca
Top Contributor

Romset recent update for The Eye of Typhoon (Tsunami/Saiki)

Unread post by jca »

There has been an update to the romset, in particular for the rom mentioned in the title of the post.
The link to the zip is https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot scrolling past the download button for Windows there is another download button but I am not sure of which zip to download. Is this the first one teot.zip (neogeo beta#5 rom)?

Edit:
I guess it is the right one: I downloaded it, checked its contents which matches what is in the updated romset (the previous romset had different names.
Far from my MISTer I cannot double check but it should be the one.
jca
Top Contributor

Re: Romset recent update for The Eye of Typhoon (Tsunami/Saiki)

Unread post by jca »

Confirmed it is the right zip. The rom loads properly, as I only have 32MB SDRAM it tells me that graphics will be corrupted but the game starts with non corrupt graphics and so far I did not reach the point where they become corrupt.
Being a terrible gamer I think I will enjoy this rom for a while before the graphics being corrupted. :D
lufeig

Unread post by lufeig »

Thanks for sharing the news!

The NeoSD version works fine for me, but I haven't played it that much, to be honest.

128MB single SD RAM.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

96MB required for this game, 128MB only for Bad Apple.
At this time the only core requiring dual SDRAM is the Saturn core which is under development. Once it becomes official I will see what to do with upgrading my 32MB SDRAM.
retro

Unread post by retro »

I added the following line manually under the <!-- ROMs requiring 96MB SDRAM (32MB+64MB) --> section in romsets.xml in/media/fat/games/NeoGeo

Or is this not necessary?

<romset name="teot" cmc="2" pcm="1" pvc="1" altname="Eye of Typhoon, The" publisher="Viccom" year="1996" ram="2"/>

Never mind.... downloaded latest romsets.xml from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MiSTe ... omsets.xml