Graphical glitches/colored bands when loading cores/writing to SD card? (Not a CEC Issue)

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
lauregami

Graphical glitches/colored bands when loading cores/writing to SD card? (Not a CEC Issue)

Unread post by lauregami »

Good evening, hope everyone is doing well. I've been running into a problem lately on my MiSTer when loading cores, or sometimes when writes to the SD card happen i.e. for PSX memory card saves. Most of the time when I do I get colored bands that flash on the screen for a moment before the core loads or during the write. Rarely, nothing happens or I get a less disruptive black band. I thought this was a CEC issue, so I ordered a CEC-less HDMI adapter from MiSTer Addons and got it today, but unfortunately I'm still having the issue.

I recorded a brief video showing it off. Hopefully this is helpful.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you so much!
AngelicLiver

Re: Graphical glitches/colored bands when loading cores/writing to SD card? (Not a CEC Issue)

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

I don't think this is anything to worry about, likely just a result of the OSD refreshing and possibly your display temporarily losing refresh lock (especially if vsync_adjust=2 in MiSter.ini).
aberu
Core Developer

Re: Graphical glitches/colored bands when loading cores/writing to SD card? (Not a CEC Issue)

Unread post by aberu »

Just talked to lauregami yesterday, the setting is at vsync_adjust=0, it's possibly just related to the TV not playing well with the core changes. Nothing to worry about though. :)
birdybro~