Core hangs after loading CHD image

misterpapa

Core hangs after loading CHD image

Unread post by misterpapa »

Hi,

I want to test chd support but I haven´t managed to do it.

I converted Ys III cue, bin files using chdman with parameter "createcd". But after I select it through the core menu, the core hangs with a black screen and I have to restart it using the physical reset button.

I tested the psx core and chd load fine.

Have anyone experienced the same problem?

EDIT: Sorry the parameter used is "createcd".
Wave

Re: Core hangs after loading CHD image

Unread post by Wave »

One easy angle to test is if you can obtain a Ys III CHD from elsewhere, and see if that loads. (In the past I have successfully loaded a Ys III CHD obtained from the internet, seemed to work fine.)

Also to note, when I do make my own CHDs from BIN/CUEs, I use the handy "CUE to CHD.bat" batch file CHDman came with. Its contents:

Code: Select all

for /r %%i in (*.cue, *.gdi) do chdman createcd -i "%%i" -o "%%~ni.chd"
pause
Only error I've ever run into was when the contents of the .cue file were wrong.
she/her
misterpapa

Unread post by misterpapa »

Thank you very much Wave. Following your advice, I tested a chd version of the game and It worked fine.

But It would be useful to find the cause of the hang to share it and to be able to do my own rips of the physical copies I have.
I you don't mind, can you please tell me what kind of error did the cue file (s) have?

Best.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

Ah, glad you got a playable for now at least!

By cue errors, I just meant that sometimes the .bin filename listed in the .cue file would not match the actual .bin filename, resulting in an error. Easy to fix of course.

I appreciate you wanting to troubleshoot. Personally, I have found optical disc images so fiddly over the years that I am just thrilled when I get a working one, whatever the method. :)
she/her
AtomicShroom

Unread post by AtomicShroom »

I too found out the hard way that you can’t just rename Bin/Cue files to your liking because the cue file contains the actual file names of the bins. So if you rename them, it doesn’t know what to do anymore unless you also edit the Cue file in a text editor.

This might be the cause of a lot of issues people might be facing.
PistolsAtDawn

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

If only there were collections of CHD files on an archive of the internet, like an hosted at an org of some sort. Then you'd only need to download them.