ZX Next Bomb Jack

NML32

ZX Next Bomb Jack

Unread post by NML32 »

Bomb Jack for the ZX Spectrum Next / N-GO was released on itch.io (6/7/2022). Has anyone tried the game on the MiSTer?

I'm not able to get my joystick to work correctly. I'm having issues with my joystick in other games. Warhawk works okay. So, I'm not sure if something is wrong with my settings.

Is anyone else having issues with the ZX Next core? :?:

Edit: Here is the link to Bomb Jack. https://manuferhi.itch.io/bomb-jack-zx- ... -next-n-go
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: ZX Next Bomb Jack

Unread post by akeley »

NML32 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:19 pm I'm not able to get my joystick to work correctly. I'm having issues with my joystick in other games. Warhawk works okay.
Same symptoms here. I haven't used this core in quite a long time, but I'm pretty sure it used be normal, I recall playing the same games without problems. It seems to be related to core's speed: when I changed it to 3.5 MHz, both in OSD and OS, the couple of games with issues (Dungeonette, DweebsDrop) started working okay. But Bomb Jack still has joystick problems, even when trying the slower clock speeds.

A workaround is to redefine keys and then map these keys to your joystick - this has worked for me.
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

akeley wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:17 pm
NML32 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:19 pm I'm not able to get my joystick to work correctly. I'm having issues with my joystick in other games. Warhawk works okay.
Same symptoms here. I haven't used this core in quite a long time, but I'm pretty sure it used be normal, I recall playing the same games without problems. It seems to be related to core's speed: when I changed it to 3.5 MHz, both in OSD and OS, the couple of games with issues (Dungeonette, DweebsDrop) started working okay. But Bomb Jack still has joystick problems, even when trying the slower clock speeds.

A workaround is to redefine keys and then map these keys to your joystick - this has worked for me.
Thank you for checking.
NML32

Unread post by NML32 »

I see there is an update to Bomb Jack on itch.io for 1Mb ZX Spectrum Next computers. I'll give the 1Mb version a try when I get home from work. Hopefully, it will work better on MiSTer ZX Next core.