New Build Cannot Find Cores

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
elrubioVS

New Build Cannot Find Cores

Unread post by elrubioVS »

Just reformatted and rebuilt my MicroSD card using Mr Fusion and the Update All script.

Upon completion if I try to launch any cores I get an error as per the below example (where I launched the Arcade Silkworm core):

Code: Select all

/media/fat/_Arcade/mame/silkwor
silkworm.1 not found
When I check the MicroSD card there is no MAME directory and I'm not sure why it's referencing that folder in the first place.

I've rebuilt numerous times using the RetroRGB tutorial (linked below) with no change to my end result:
https://youtu.be/F5__shDTYMQ

It has worked previously for me. Can anyone advise?
MorkMikael

Re: New Build Cannot Find Cores

Unread post by MorkMikael »

may need to run update all script more then once. also i think it is telling you that inside silkwor.zip there is no file silkworm.1 not found in the zip. you, do not have the games on the sd card.
elrubioVS

Thanks @MorkMikael :)

The “_Arcade” directory contains all the games you’d expect to see including Silkworm. I don’t see a MAME directory but is that a requirement?

I have run the update_all script multiple times with no difference.
MorkMikael

Unread post by MorkMikael »

that is just the mra and rbf. the games zips goes into mame or HBMame
elrubioVS

Hmm there is no “_Arcade/MAME” directory even when i rebuild. Can anyone else verify this?
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

it would be in /media/fat/games on a SD card

If you are not running the Mame getter script as part of update all then it would not be downloading roms.

When you launch Update_all push up to go into the configuration and ensure the Mame getter script is enabled. I believe update_all was changed recently that it now defaults this to off
elrubioVS

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:54 am When you launch Update_all push up to go into the configuration and ensure the Mame getter script is enabled. I believe update_all was changed recently that it now defaults this to off
Ah yes. I've made this change and started the script again. It's currently pulling down the additional files so fingers crossed. I'll report back.
elrubioVS

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:54 am When you launch Update_all push up to go into the configuration and ensure the Mame getter script is enabled. I believe update_all was changed recently that it now defaults this to off
Fixed! The Arcade cores now load.

Thanks so much! :)