NES Rom Folders MSU1

HerrBerzerk

NES Rom Folders MSU1

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

Hello,

with the MSU1 support, I did put the MSU1 Roms on a HD (USB1) in a games/Snes/MSU1 folder. The usual SNES roms are still on the SD-Card in the according fat/games... folder. Now when I start the SNES core, it always automatically starts in the USB1 folder so I don't see the roms on the sdcard. I have to switch to fat manually to start normal snes games.

I always thought the core will show all roms in all games folders, no matter where they are, but it seems they all have to be on the same medium?

Anybody knows more about this topic?

Thank you.
johhenrik

Re: NES Rom Folders MSU1

Unread post by johhenrik »

Yes, it will pick your USB for SNES. So just copy all of games/SNES to the USB and it will work. You can't split it like you have done now.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_M ... h-priority

What you are experiencing is the path priority. If you have usb storage it will have priority over microsd storage. It's symlinked. If you have a /games/SNES/ on the HDD then MiSTer will look at the HDD instead of the /games/SNES/ on the MicroSD.
birdybro~
HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

Ah, thank you very much, I guess that is true for all cores then. I did not know that.
BrunaSerp

Unread post by BrunaSerp »

Hello!

The behavior you are describing is actually expected. When you start the SNES core, it will automatically scan the current directory for ROM files and display them in the file browser. If you have your MSU1 ROMs in a separate directory, the SNES core will only show those ROMs and not the ones on the SD card.To see all your SNES ROMs, including those on the SD card, you must navigate back to the sd:/games/Snes directory manually.I hope this helps!