Sega Saturn core work with the BlisSTer?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Captain FPGA

Sega Saturn core work with the BlisSTer?

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

I couldn't get it to recognize inputs for my SNES bliss controller. In the define option of the OSD
Dreams don't die!
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: Sega Saturn core work with the BlisSTer?

Unread post by Xbytez »

No, the core is still in very early development stages. As adding support requires code modification by a third party so unless the Saturn core is forked at this very early stage and LLAPI support integrated it will not work.

The GitHub for the LLAPI cores is here:

https://github.com/MiSTer-LLAPI/LLAPI_f ... ain/_LLAPI
Captain FPGA

Xbytez wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:38 am No, the core is still in very early development stages. As adding support requires code modification by a third party so unless the Saturn core is forked at this very early stage and LLAPI support integrated it will not work.

The GitHub for the LLAPI cores is here:

https://github.com/MiSTer-LLAPI/LLAPI_f ... ain/_LLAPI
Thank you very much. I'll stick with the keyboard for now. Maybe I'll attempt my regular usb Saturn controller but if that fails then I'll stick with keypad for the time being.
Dreams don't die!
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

It works as standard hub, but LLAPI will be implemented as soon it got official released.

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

DevilHunterWolf

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

The BlisSTer board has two modes of operation: LLAPI mode and low latency USB mode. As Captain FPGA mentioned, the LLAPI support has to be added by a third party and is never a default option. Given the current development status of the Saturn core, it's probably not going to even be a consideration until at least after the initial public release. The low latency USB mode, however, should work. You can tell what mode you're in by the light color by the port. Red is for LLAPI and green is for USB mode. You'll have to use the main MiSTer menu to initially configure the controller while in USB mode, but otherwise the Bliss-Box ports should work the same as any other USB controller at that point.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

DevilHunterWolf wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 pm The low latency USB mode, however, should work. You can tell what mode you're in by the light color by the port. Red is for LLAPI and green is for USB mode.
Just a point of clarification I want to understand, I have assumed the BlisSTer's two HDMI-style ports run at the same USB polling rate as any MiSTer USB port, is that right? If so, then they are not necessarily running at "high speed" (1000Hz) unless the user has activated that faster polling rate via the usual script, yeah?

(Or am I wrong and those two ports are always at 1000Hz? Seems unlikely though.)

Cheers.
she/her
DevilHunterWolf

Unread post by DevilHunterWolf »

I always saw the Bliss-Box ports on the BlisSTer as basically just always connected Gamer-Pro adapters for Bliss-Box with the extra connectivity for LLAPI. I've been running my BlisSTer MiSTer with the USB polling rate at 1000Hz from the script since I got it so I don't have a frame of reference of how or if it affects the Bliss-Box ports. If it works like my mind sees it (as always connected adapters), then I would guess it would be affected by the script the same as the USB ports on the board but I honestly can't say one way or the other.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

Thanks. That is the simplest explanation, and what I assume as well.
she/her
Captain FPGA

rickdangerous wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:41 am It works as standard hub, but LLAPI will be implemented as soon it got official released.
DevilHunterWolf wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 pm The BlisSTer board has two modes of operation: LLAPI mode and low latency USB mode. As Captain FPGA mentioned, the LLAPI support has to be added by a third party and is never a default option. Given the current development status of the Saturn core, it's probably not going to even be a consideration until at least after the initial public release. The low latency USB mode, however, should work. You can tell what mode you're in by the light color by the port. Red is for LLAPI and green is for USB mode. You'll have to use the main MiSTer menu to initially configure the controller while in USB mode, but otherwise the Bliss-Box ports should work the same as any other USB controller at that point.
Thanks again, my Saturn USB definitely worked! I'm optimistic about the core maturing and one day getting LLAPI support. Especially now that it's public. Like Playstation nightlies is there a Sega Saturn equivalent?
Dreams don't die!