A problem is the game called Bastard on MSX.

Texemosis

A problem is the game called Bastard on MSX.

Unread post by Texemosis »

So I was playing this game on MSX and i've encountered something strange. There's a specific town I was trying to enter but instead of entering, my characters glitched through walls and broke the game. I was playing using SofaRun 8.0 and this problem was still happening on BlueMSX emulator. It's possible the DSK is bunk but I can't find any information anywhere about this bug or know where to get alternate dumps of this thing. Is there other things I can try? like alternate settings in case this is due to something else besides the disk?
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: A problem is the game called Bastard on MSX.

Unread post by akeley »

There are 3 dumps of this game and one is marked "b"for bad. Maybe that's the problem, though if you're playing from the vhd, it probably is the good version. Look for "romhunter msx" (or TOSEC).

You can also ask about it directly on msx.org forums. If anybody knows, it's these people.
vorvek

Re: A problem is the game called Bastard on MSX.

Unread post by vorvek »

Texemosis wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:54 pm

It's possible the DSK is bunk but I can't find any information anywhere about this bug or know where to get alternate dumps of this thing. Is there other things I can try? like alternate settings in case this is due to something else besides the disk?

All the dumps in TOSEC for this game are shit. I was in the same situation as you, ended up purchasing the game on eBay and getting an MSX hacker (fx) to take a look at it.

You can find a proper dump with a couple of patched bugs here: http://msxfx.blogspot.com/2019/11/nuevo ... d.html?m=1

You can access the second city, bosses work, and there's an end screen.

The link to the DSK is at the end of the post.