Vigilante Public Release

Xbytez
Site Admin

Vigilante Public Release

Unread post by Xbytez »

Perfect for some weekend beat 'em up arcade fun, Vigilante has now been publically released by Jotego

Vigilante from 1988 was developed and published by Irem in Japan and Europe, and published in North America by Data East. It is considered as a spiritual sequel to Irem's earlier Kung-Fu Master (1984).

The game takes place in downtown New York City. The game's plot involves a lone, professional martial artist who became a vigilante to fight an evil gang called the Skinheads ruled by a man known as the Giant Devil, in order to protect his "turf" and save a female hostage named Madonna, who was kidnapped by them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_(video_game)

GitHub:
https://github.com/jotego/jtvigil

Vigilante-MiSTer-FPGA.png
Vigilante-MiSTer-FPGA.png (14.04 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Re: Vigilante Public Release

Unread post by Alkadian »

Thanks for the heads-up! It is perfect for some weekend beat 'em up arcade fun indeed! :mrgreen:

I have noticed that it was not downloaded via the update_all script, so I have downloaded it manually from the GitHub link above.
zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

Alkadian wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:50 am Thanks for the heads-up! It is perfect for some weekend beat 'em up arcade fun indeed! :mrgreen:

I have noticed that it was not downloaded via the update_all script, so I have downloaded it manually from the GitHub link above.
I would like to do the same but the GitHub only contains the .mra and not the .rbf. I've not manually downloaded an arcade core before, any tips?
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

zorrobandito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:38 am
Alkadian wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:50 am Thanks for the heads-up! It is perfect for some weekend beat 'em up arcade fun indeed! :mrgreen:

I would like to do the same but the GitHub only contains the .mra and not the .rbf. I've not manually downloaded an arcade core before, any tips?
The .rbf got downloaded automatically by the update_all script, just the MRA's were missing. I should have made it clearer in my post. If that didn't happen in your case either then you can grab both .rbf and .mra from here:

https://github.com/jotego/jtbin/tree/ma ... l/releases

I am sure this will be fixed soon though! :mrgreen:
zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

Hmm. You're right. The .rbf is there in _Arcade/cores/ and I put the .mra in _Arcade/ but still, no dice.

I'll wait for Update_All to catch up.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Try to run update all with mame getter enabled.
1989toinfinity

Unread post by 1989toinfinity »

zorrobandito wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:22 pm Hmm. You're right. The .rbf is there in _Arcade/cores/ and I put the .mra in _Arcade/ but still, no dice.

I'll wait for Update_All to catch up.
Is this still an issue? I Update all isn't downloading Vigilante for me either.
AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

I ran update_all some days ago and the same happened, I got the rbf but not the mra. I put the mra manually, and ran update_all again so I got the rom.

Game plays fine, but hasn't aged well at all for me.
Frosty Loincloth

Unread post by Frosty Loincloth »

I've had a similar issue regarding the update_all script. It downloaded the rbf file, but no mra and no rom. I downloaded the mra manually and ran update_all, and it said it found an mra that might need rom files, but it just ends without downloading the rom. I tried manually downloading a rom, but when I go to run the game, nothing happens.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

You may have downloaded the mra incorrectly. Go back to github and display the mra, right click on the Raw button and select Save as ...
Frosty Loincloth

Unread post by Frosty Loincloth »

jca wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:17 pm You may have downloaded the mra incorrectly. Go back to github and display the mra, right click on the Raw button and select Save as ...
It worked! :D Thanks very much for your help.