Neo Geo/Atari Controllers on MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
peke

Neo Geo/Atari Controllers on MiSTer

Unread post by peke »

Hi to all, my IO board is 5.6-XL, is there a way to connect original controllers?

I want to use atari controller and paddles, neo geo controllers, nes zapper and other ligthguns.....

thanks!

ezequiel
AngelicLiver

Re: Neo Geo/Atari Controllers on MiSTer

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

You should look at SNAC.

The are lots of vendors that sell pre-built adapters.
peke

Unread post by peke »

thanks for the quick reply, yes, snac is maybe my only choice, but I don´t know if my 5.6-xl IO board is compatible, and is limited to 1 player only!!!
AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

SNAC connects via the User Port on MiSTer IO Boards v5.5 and newer.
SNAC is limited to one player, SNAX will potentially allow for more but I think you need a newer IO board revision. Failing that DaemonBite adapters may be the answer to many of your needs (just not lightguns, spinners etc).
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Mr. Spinner supports 2 spinners and paddles plus 2 buttons via USB. But it is a DIY project. It is based on the DaemonBite firmware so minimal latency.
redsteakraw

Unread post by redsteakraw »

I made a 2 player sega genesis daemonbite which works , You can also make a neo geo direct arcade adapter with daemonbite or gp2040-ce. Lightguns need SNAC and a CRT as for the spinners I have yet to find a good option as making a mr.spinner is either expensive or requires modding my atari paddles and they still wont have the same sensitivity and to my knowledge there is no Atari snac support for spinners.

Fear is the mind killer!
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

redsteakraw wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:05 pm

I made a 2 player sega genesis daemonbite which works , You can also make a neo geo direct arcade adapter with daemonbite or gp2040-ce. Lightguns need SNAC and a CRT as for the spinners I have yet to find a good option as making a mr.spinner is either expensive or requires modding my atari paddles and they still wont have the same sensitivity and to my knowledge there is no Atari snac support for spinners.

For Atari paddles and driving controllers, the Daptor PDL is a good solution. Not all MiSTer Spinner enabled cores support the needed analog axis support as well though, sadly.