Antonio Jamma Interface: Key Combo Control Keys to Insert Coin/Exit/Pause Game

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
cathaldub

Antonio Jamma Interface: Key Combo Control Keys to Insert Coin/Exit/Pause Game

Unread post by cathaldub »

Slowly getting my JAMMA adapter setup in my cab which is the one from Antonio in Spain.

One thing I cant for the life of me get working is shift/combo keys, for example, on my pi setup I usually press p1 start + p1 button1 to insert a coin or hold in p1 start for a number of seconds (5) to exit a game. Anyone know how to do this, is it possible, it seems when I'm mapping the joysticks one of the options says I can assign 2 inputs, but its only for the menu option?

Guessing this would need to be in the firmware of the JAMMA interface and it’s not possible but just asking

AmanoJacu

Re: Antonio Jamma Interface: Key Combo Control Keys to Insert Coin/Exit/Pause Game

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

It might be possible to do so programming the interface:
https://github.com/antoniovillena/MiSTe ... adeEncoder

As far as I know, normally you can only assign a combination of inputs one function for the menu. But you can make the same button to do 2 functions, by using alternate buttons in each core. That way you can have coin and start to be the same button.

I also have a Mister and JAMMA interface from Antonio Villena, but I have only recently started using it in a cab, but it isn't mine (it's from an arcade association I belong to) and I still haven't been able to experiment much. For the games I tried so far I had enough buttons (I don't map pause), but the kick harness may become a problem.

From this diagram, it looks like you can have the 6th button in JAMMA pin 27, but I doubt I'd be able to rig a cab like that.

https://www.antoniovillena.es/store/pro ... gallery]/9
cathaldub

Re: Antonio Jamma Interface: Key Combo Control Keys to Insert Coin/Exit/Pause Game

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that, so start and coin being same button should work for me, I could probably live without pause. If I could get to the ocd with a combo it might be alright.
cathaldub

I can’t figure that out at all.
No matter what I do to map the ocd button even though it says ‘can be combo’ it just recognises the first button pressed and ends up being a duplicate of another button.
And when I start a core it’ll just randomly decide 2 of the bottoms are coin and start, it wouldn’t be so bad but sometimes button 1 is coin, button 2 is start, button 3 is jump and button 4 is shoot 😭
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

MODERATION POST:
Will contact Antonio by phone to check if he can help you to sort this.

Kind regartds
Ricardo

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

antoniovillena

Unread post by antoniovillena »

Thanks Ricardo for notice me. The JAMMA adapter act as generic USB HID joystick device. That's one connected the MiSTer recognize as two USB joysticks/gamepads, so you can remap combos as you do with other joysticks. Here you have a guide for joystick mapping:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Wiki_Mi ... ck-Mapping

Note that all buttons are equal for the MiSTer, so in the mapping you decide the function: TILT, SERVICE, TEST, COIN1, COIN2, START1, START2, etc... are valid buttos. The JAMMA connector has up to 5 buttons per player and if you need 6th button you can go to the CPS2 kick harness or also into the JAMMA by soldering the 27/E jumpers (only for advanced users).