Guwange insert coin doesn’t register

replic_ant

Guwange insert coin doesn’t register

Unread post by replic_ant »

I’ve run into an issue with Guwange on the Cave Core if anyone can help me please?

The game was working perfectly the first time it downloaded several weeks ago. Since I ran another update_all I can’t start a game because the insert coin doesn’t register any credits. I get the chime sound effect, but the counter stays on zero. I’m guessing I have a dodgy mra perhaps? Do I need to find a different version from somewhere? I only played it a couple times and it was awesome! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
chew-z

Re: Guwange insert coin doesn’t register

Unread post by chew-z »

I have no problems with Guwange. Perhaps it helps if you reset your Settings / player assignment?
mapf

Unread post by mapf »

What input device are you using? If it supports multiple input modes (e.g. PS3, PS4, X-Input, D-Input, Switch) which are you using?
replic_ant

Unread post by replic_ant »

mapf wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:36 pm What input device are you using? If it supports multiple input modes (e.g. PS3, PS4, X-Input, D-Input, Switch) which are you using?
I’m using a Retrobit 8 button USB MegaDrive controller. It was just plug and play, so I’m not sure which input mode that is. I’ve tried reassigning the buttons and it still doesn’t work. I did recently add a second controller (8bitdo) to my setup, but I’m not using it in the Cave core. Maybe I should unplug it and see if that does anything.
deimos256

Unread post by deimos256 »

Does this core, or Battle Garegga for that matter, run at some odd resolution? I've tried to play them via analog VGA out to my CRTs and neither of them can display an image, but I do get sound. On a LCD they seem to load fine.