Arcade Stick Recommendations Inside EU?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
emuola

Arcade Stick Recommendations Inside EU?

Unread post by emuola »

Been tinkering with my shiny new Mister setup, and I have to says it's a totally awesome piece of hw/sw 💪

I'm thinking of buing two separate (and wired) arcade controllers and there are plenty of options apparently. I've built some controllers back in the day, but would really like to have a (pre)assembled ones this time. The question then moves on to the input lag differences and availability (in EU, after the Brexit) between different products.

Monsterjoysticks are based in UK (customs, taxes other nasty stuff...) - don't know about the input lag though. Might be a valid option, if everything else fails for some reason.

Any recommendations? :) The actual hardware should have a stick and at least 6 buttons :)
AngelicLiver

Re: Arcade Stick Recommendations Inside EU?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

If you are looking for a reasonably priced and flexible option I'm happy to recommend the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick, in wired x-input mode it has very little latency (1ms~) and you have BT and 2.4GHz options too. Generally it hovers at around £70 in the UK quite often going on sale.

I've had hands on MonsterJoysticks kits and whilst they're using decent buttons and sticks, their chassis leaves a lot to be desired. They just don't have the heft of a decent commercial stick.
charmless

Unread post by charmless »

AngelicLiver wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:58 am If you are looking for a reasonably priced and flexible option I'm happy to recommend the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick, in wired x-input mode it has very little latency (1ms~) and you have BT and 2.4GHz options too. Generally it hovers at around £70 in the UK quite often going on sale.

I've had hands on MonsterJoysticks kits and whilst they're using decent buttons and sticks, their chassis leaves a lot to be desired. They just don't have the heft of a decent commercial stick.
I might be reading the charts wrong but the 8bitdo Arcade Stick for PC and Switch that you are linking to does not have very little latency. It's the older 8bitdo N30 Arcade Stick that does. The latency on the one you're linking to is pretty bad in comparison (around 10ms). I have both and like them both (especially after I modded them).

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

charmless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 am
AngelicLiver wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:58 am If you are looking for a reasonably priced and flexible option I'm happy to recommend the 8Bitdo Arcade Stick, in wired x-input mode it has very little latency (1ms~) and you have BT and 2.4GHz options too. Generally it hovers at around £70 in the UK quite often going on sale.

I might be reading the charts wrong but the 8bitdo Arcade Stick for PC and Switch that you are linking to does not have very little latency. It's the older 8bitdo N30 Arcade Stick that does. The latency on the one you're linking to is pretty bad in comparison (around 10ms). I have both and like them both (especially after I modded them).
Ah yep, my bad! Still decent affordable sticks. Not my daily driver but it's flexible and hasn't let me down. ;)
charmless

Unread post by charmless »

AngelicLiver wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:42 am
charmless wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 am

Ah yep, my bad! Still decent affordable sticks. Not my daily driver but it's flexible hasn't let me down. ;)
Agreed!

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

fierman

Unread post by fierman »

Do note that you really want to modify the 8bitdo arcade stick with a restrictor plate or similar if you want to play 4-way games. Without modification games like Pacman are unplayable.