Good 3-4 Player Simultaneous Games (Any Platform) Currently Available on MiSTer?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
bankshot

Good 3-4 Player Simultaneous Games (Any Platform) Currently Available on MiSTer?

Unread post by bankshot »

So of all the console gaming from my childhood, not a single one of myself or my friends ever had the gizmo for a console to allow 3 or 4 player simultaneous play.

What good games are currently available on MiSTer that are 3-4 simultaneous player compatible? Don't care what platform they are on, as long as they are fun. (Atari 2600 Warlords would qualify if there was a way to make 4 paddles work.) Interested in all genres except for RPGs. There seems to be several Capcom arcade games available, but which ones are good?
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Re: Good 3-4 Player Simultaneous Games (Any Platform) Currently Available on MiSTer?

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Gauntlet Arcade
AngelicLiver

Re: Good 3-4 Player Simultaneous Games (Any Platform) Currently Available on MiSTer?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

• Bomberman '94 on PC-Engine (most Bomberman games support 4+ players, this supports 5)
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara / Tower of Doom (4 player coop)
  • Micro Machines (4 players, many versions)
  • Twisted Metal 3 & 4 on PS1
  • Street Racer (4 players, many versions)
  • Shipwreckers on PS1
Someone compiled a pretty huge list here.
toastboy

Unread post by toastboy »

rampage arcade is 3-player
PikWik

Unread post by PikWik »

vteckickedinyo

Unread post by vteckickedinyo »

SNES - Bomberman 5
English patches are available, it's up to 4 players. (I think you can squeeze in a 5th player)
IMO the best Bomberman out there.
bankshot

Thanks everyone for the contributions. Yeah Gauntlet and Bomberman is pretty much all I was familiar with going into this search. AngelicLiver, it's an impressive list you found there. Instead of a "Here's EVERYTHING" list, I was hoping someone else had already weeded out all the lame crap and got to just the good stuff, but THANK YOU! for posting that because it was a great starting point for research. I started by drilling down to one console at a time, starting with SNES, and then watching youtube vids and reading comments. Here's some good looking stuff I've found so far (for SNES):

International Superstar Soccer Deluxe - Apparently the best soccer game on SNES. And 4 player ready.
Smash Tennis - Looks entertaining if a little booze is available and 3 friends can come over.
Super Tetris 3 - Tetris for 4p simultaneous, win.
Tiny Toon Adventures - Wild & Wacky Sports. A goofy 4p version of Track And Field, peeps seem to love it.
Top Gear 3000 - Impressive. A racing game that can split the screen into quadrants for 4p.

I'll keep looking. I'm especially interested in Neo Geo and Arcade options. Jotego released a bunch of 3p/4p stuff with his amazing work on the CPS.
Maxriptide

Unread post by Maxriptide »

For the Playstation core:
ISS Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven 4
Micro Machines V3
Quake
mrchrister

Unread post by mrchrister »

For NES
Nintendo World Cup and Super Offroad are fun
_paul_

Unread post by _paul_ »

Super Sprint on Atari ST (and probably other platforms).

Edit: scratch that, the Atari ST core does not seem to support dual joysticks.
mineral55

Unread post by mineral55 »

Dungeon Explorer on TurboGrafx16 supports 5 players
bankshot

Thank you all, the list grows! Please keep em coming.
redsteakraw

Unread post by redsteakraw »

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Smackdown(PSX), Quake II(PSX), Twisted Metal series(PSX), Warlords (2600), Steeple Chase (2600), Medievel Mayhem(2600).

Fear is the mind killer!
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

_paul_ wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:56 am

Super Sprint on Atari ST (and probably other platforms).

Edit: scratch that, the Atari ST core does not seem to support dual joysticks.

Guess you mean quad-joysticks. Shame, you could be playing the ST Guantlet 2 instead of Arcade. For some reason. :D

Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

The recent Final Fight 30th anniversary CPS2 ROM hack is three player and very good