Is it possibile to use this SD based Memory Card on MiSTer core?

AmintaMister

Is it possibile to use this SD based Memory Card on MiSTer core?

Unread post by AmintaMister »

Hi!

Is it possibile to use this SD based Memory Card on MiSTer core: https://8bitmods.com/memcard-pro-for-pl ... ssic-grey/
AngelicLiver

Re: Is it possibile to use this SD based Memory Card on MiSTer core?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Using a PlayStation SNAC adapter with memory card support, I can't see why not? It seems a bit redundant getting a SNAC adapter just to do that when you could just copy your saves between devices anyway? MemCard Pro even has a built-in FTP feature now...

HC6eT0E.jpeg
HC6eT0E.jpeg (231.04 KiB) Viewed 998 times
chunky_tesco

Unread post by chunky_tesco »

Unfortunately the above Ali express SNAC adapter, as well as the misterfpga.co.uk one with multi tap doesn’t seem to work with the mem card pro. I’m guessing the serial port isn’t suppling enough power.
AmintaMister

Unread post by AmintaMister »

chunky_tesco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:40 am Unfortunately the above Ali express SNAC adapter, as well as the misterfpga.co.uk one with multi tap doesn’t seem to work with the mem card pro. I’m guessing the serial port isn’t suppling enough power.
Thanks!
Sterbi

Unread post by Sterbi »

8BitMods recently started manufacturing new hardware revision of MemCard Pro which no longer uses 7.5V. Maybe it's possible that new revision will work with SNAC?

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/8bitmods/status/1573608012031328257
snowekim

Unread post by snowekim »

chunky_tesco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:40 am

Unfortunately the above Ali express SNAC adapter, as well as the misterfpga.co.uk one with multi tap doesn’t seem to work with the mem card pro. I’m guessing the serial port isn’t suppling enough power.

Could it be retro castle made a silent revision to their board? I received mine 2 weeks ago and so far the memcard pro works just fine, I can even use 1 memcard pro (v1) + regular men card at the same time + 2 controllers.

The only thing I haven't tested is the light gun support and multitap( saldly I don't have one).

Cyber Akuma

Unread post by Cyber Akuma »

Apparently there are three models of the MemCard Pro at the moment, and the latest model no longer has a FPGA. I can't find any information on what differences or impact on compatibility if any there might be due to this. Removing the FPGA from a product that advertises it uses a FPGA seems like a pretty big deal (Although I believe the FPGA-less model is cheaper) that almost nobody appears to be talking about (Just about all the news I can find on this device are from it's initial launch over a year ago)

Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

Cyber Akuma wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:43 am

Apparently there are three models of the MemCard Pro at the moment, and the latest model no longer has a FPGA. I can't find any information on what differences or impact on compatibility if any there might be due to this. Removing the FPGA from a product that advertises it uses a FPGA seems like a pretty big deal (Although I believe the FPGA-less model is cheaper) that almost nobody appears to be talking about (Just about all the news I can find on this device are from it's initial launch over a year ago)

i have the new lower power version and it still wont work with multi tap unfortunately.