Install Older Version of Main

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Robgus

Install Older Version of Main

Unread post by Robgus »

Hi,

Is it possible to install an older version of main on top of a newer? The latest update came with some issues for me...
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Install Older Version of Main

Unread post by FPGA64 »

No

Well you could have multiple ones but only one called Mister, so you would have to rename and reboot every time which defeats the purpose
Robgus

Unread post by Robgus »

FPGA64 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am No

Well you could have multiple ones but only one called Mister, so you would have to rename and reboot every time which defeats the purpose
Thanks! I figured. I wish past me was better at backing up...
Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

You can still download from the repository an older version of Main and install it in place of the current one, but it will most likely break some cores that rely on features implemented in the newer versions of Main.
As FPGA64 mentioned, you can have multiple versions of Main but you will have to rename the one you want to use to Mister and reboot the system.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

It's entirely possible, and worth trying if something doesn't work for you. I have done it quite often. Of course, you do need to remember that it's a short term fix, and that you did it, in case something else gets broken and you wonder why. But generally the updates are not so wide as to affect all or most cores at once.
porjay

Unread post by porjay »

Link for the Main MiSTer you can swap out: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... r/releases

Maybe one of the unstable builds might help resolve your issue: https://github.com/MiSTer-unstable-nigh ... ble-builds

(Scroll to the bottom to grab the latest and rename the file to MiSTer before copying it over)