Link game of Oxyd 1/2 between two MiSTers works

rsn8887

Link game of Oxyd 1/2 between two MiSTers works

Unread post by rsn8887 »

Yesterday, I got a link (nullmodem) cable game of Oxyd (and Oxyd 2) to work on the Atari ST core, linking two MiSTers on the local Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps that worked for me:

- Use TOS206US, monochrome monitor setting.
- Set UART to Modem, TCP, 19200 on both MiSTers.
- Boot the same game (Oxyd or Oxyd 2, hi-res monochrome versions) on both MiSTers.
- On the title screen in each game, press return, #, 4, return, to set each game to 19200 Baud.
- Press F7 on each game title screen to switch from Midi to Modem. "Midi" will become "(Midi)" on the title screen.
- On one game title screen, hit Return, then enter aattddtt119922..116688..00..111166 (replace numbers with IP address of second MiSTer). Note you have to enter every letter twice, I don't know why. Make sure you see the full aattddtt... string on the bottom row of the title screen. For me, there was often a little rocket symbol first before the letters aa, that is fine.
- Press return.
- You should hear the typical modem dial sound showing that a connection is being made.
- When the sound is over, press F2 on MiSTer 1 to start a link game, both MiSTers should start the link game now. It ran smooth for me and I played the first three levels to test. One MiSTer controls the black marble, one MiSTer controls the white marble.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Link game of Oxyd 1/2 between two MiSTers works

Unread post by Newsdee »

This is great; it opens new ways to enjoy these games without fiddling with emulators...
would work well in an arcade setup with two cabs!
bbond007
Top Contributor

Re: Link game of Oxyd 1/2 between two MiSTers works

Unread post by bbond007 »

rsn8887 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:36 pm - On one game title screen, hit Return, then enter aattddtt119922..116688..00..111166 (replace numbers with IP address of second MiSTer). Note you have to enter every letter twice, I don't know why. Make sure you see the full aattddtt... string on the bottom row of the title screen. For me, there was often a little rocket symbol first before the letters aa, that is fine.
That seems like an issue with local echo...

If you want you can try the latest midilink where I have added ATE0(disable local echo) and ATE1(enable local echo) to the subset of Hayes AT commands I support.

Just replace your current /sbin/midilink bin

https://github.com/bbond007/MiSTer_Midi ... r/midilink