CD audio now in Minimig on MiST

Higgy

CD audio now in Minimig on MiST

Unread post by Higgy »

Hi,

The Minimig Core on the MiST recently gained CD audio support (CD support was only recently added without CD audio streaming) and people have been testing CD32 games via the IDEFix 97 CD32 Emu program.

Different FPGA's used I know, but maybe the MiST code will help to port this feature to MiSTer?

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-bina ... r/firmware
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: CD audio now in Minimig on MiST

Unread post by Moondandy »

Oh wow, that's a big deal if it is loading CDs. I imagine that could be ported over fairly easily, didn't the MiSTer Amiga core have it's beginnings based on the MiST core?
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

Higgy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:07 pm Hi,

The Minimig Core on the MiST recently gained CD audio support (CD support was only recently added without CD audio streaming) and people have been testing CD32 games via the IDEFix 97 CD32 Emu program.

Different FPGA's used I know, but maybe the MiST code will help to port this feature to MiSTer?

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-bina ... r/firmware
Do you have a link to where this is being discussed?
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

Moondandy wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:47 pm Do you have a link to where this is being discussed?
I think it is here:

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... start=1025

Then just work backwards through the posts.
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

I was looking over this yesterday. I have not tried it yet. I was wondering how it would connect a CD drive to the Turbo Chameleon 64 that this core was developed for. But I had not considered that the TC64 Minimig core had not gotten any kind of CD support yet, so this is digital CD image support I think, with CDDA support.

Since the release there has been 3 more updates to the git repo, one of them with some more CDDA stuff the others look like relevant fixes as well.

The MiSTer Minimig core already got features from the TC64 cores before. I think the RTG feature came from the TC64 core. Maybe not from the same developer though, but I hope this means we will finally see CDDA support for the MiSTer Minimig core :)
fierman

Unread post by fierman »

Caldor wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:59 am I was looking over this yesterday. I have not tried it yet. I was wondering how it would connect a CD drive to the Turbo Chameleon 64 that this core was developed for. But I had not considered that the TC64 Minimig core had not gotten any kind of CD support yet, so this is digital CD image support I think, with CDDA support.
Connecting a physical cd drive to the TC64 is not possible indeed