Issue with Update_All and USB0 (Errno18)

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
senorbingo

Issue with Update_All and USB0 (Errno18)

Unread post by senorbingo »

Hi!

Every time I try do perform a regular update to a USB0 device, there's this error when downloading new MiSTer binaries.

lURaPdG.png
lURaPdG.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 670 times

I'm having this issue for about a week now. Any ideas what might be causing it? I can provide logs if someone can direct me to a tutorial on how to extract them.

Thanks!
belgarcat

Re: Issue with Update_All and USB0 (Errno18)

Unread post by belgarcat »

It also happens to me, I also have an USB0.
What I do to solve this is to manually download the latest release from https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... r/releases rename it to MiSTer and copy to the root folder of the SD card. You may also want to delete some MiSTer files that the script created on the root folder of the USB drive (except for MiSTer.ini) Then I rerun the update_all script and the error is gone.
jca
Top Contributor

Re: Issue with Update_All and USB0 (Errno18)

Unread post by jca »

I had this problem some months ago and posted it, other users also had the problem. Someone found the origin of the problem in the downloader script but it has not been fixed.
I found a solution to my problem:
In my case I have almost everything on usb0: games, _Arcade, _Console, ..., I only have config, linux and Scripts on the SD card. What I did was to create synlinks from the US card to the usb device for each directory which is on the usb drive and in downloader.ini I left base_system_path = '/media/fat/'.
I also had to create 2 more ini files for mame getter and hbmame getter:
update_mame-getter.ini
ROMMAME="/media/usb0/games/mame"
MRADIR="/media/usb0/_Arcade"

update_hbmame-getter.ini
ROMHBMAME="/media/usb0/games/hbmame"
MRADIR="/media/usb0/_Arcade"

If you do not have _Arcade on usb change MRADIR to the correct value for your system.