update_all and arcade offset

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
billythefisherman

update_all and arcade offset

Unread post by billythefisherman »

Hi all, so I can't get the update_all.sh terminal working on my setup.

IfI turn on fb_terminal it says I need to turn on vga_scaler and if I turn that on it makes my CRT (sony PVM 2730QM) image completely garbled.

So I'm left with skipping the settings menu which normally is fine, however I now want to enable 'arcade offset' setting by Atrac17 but because of the above I can't.

I tried downloading Atrac17 arcade_offset_update.sh (fromthe github) and running that but it just exits instantly doing nothing.

I'm sure all the settings menu arcade offset option does is just add a bit of text into the downloader.ini file if someone would be kind enough to post that bit of text that would be great!

Thanks all for any help
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: update_all and arcade offset

Unread post by FPGA64 »

My bet is you have downloaded HTML from github and not the script. Download using the raw option on Github
billythefisherman

Good shout - why on earth does GitHub make that so easy and the downloading the actual version so hard. I did clone the GitHub repository but I might have tried quickly downloading just the script. Anyway I'll check! Thanks
billythefisherman

So turns out I have done everything right in terms of .sh file (I just couldn't quite remember). So either I need to do something else for that to work or get the piece of text the settings menu puts into the downloader.ini.

I notice in the repository there are 'roms', 'release' and 'readme' folders but no instructions (as far as I can see) where should they be put (this is complicated by the fact I have all my roms on a usb device and all my mra's on the memory card).