CGC Game 7: Championship Racer (Bandai RX-78) [Computer]

Join other MiSTer gamers, take part in high score challenges.
PistolsAtDawn

CGC Game 7: Championship Racer (Bandai RX-78) [Computer]

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

3321395-champrace.jpg
3321395-champrace.jpg (58.32 KiB) Viewed 2785 times
(Searching for "Championship Racer Bandai RX-78" on Google yields our nomination thread as the fifth result. Haha! This is clearly not a well-known system, at least among Western audiences. I can't even find a wiki with an entry about this game.)

Gameplay video

Play however you'd like! The point is to enjoy and have fun, but if you would like to compete on high scores, please let us all know how you played (as in, with a arcade control panel, gamepad, etc.). We're on the honor system here for reporting high scores, so if you used cheats, fess up!

Please share with us your thoughts, jokes, frustrations or anything else related to this game that you may discover (i.e. if you discover the game itself was featured or visible in some other form of entertainment like a movie or TV show).
charmless

Re: CGC Game 7: Championship Racer (Bandai RX-78) [Computer]

Unread post by charmless »

This was... rough. Played for 30 minutes and it just feels like a poor mans Pit Stop. The controls are bad and the game seems to skip from time to time making it a bit confusing. Could be a problem with the core or the game is supposed to run like that. I am sorry but I don't have anything positive to say about this mess of a game. It was fun trying a new core though!

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

PistolsAtDawn

Re: CGC Game 7: Championship Racer (Bandai RX-78) [Computer]

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

charmless wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:24 pm This was... rough. Played for 30 minutes and it just feels like a poor mans Pit Stop. The controls are bad and the game seems to skip from time to time making it a bit confusing. Could be a problem with the core or the game is supposed to run like that. I am sorry but I don't have anything positive to say about this mess of a game. It was fun trying a new core though!
Well that's disappointing, but that happens. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but perhaps one of the other nominated games would be better.