CGC Game 8: Ninja-Kun: Majō no Bōken (Ninja Kid - Demon Castle Adventure) [Arcade]

Join other MiSTer gamers, take part in high score challenges.
PistolsAtDawn

CGC Game 8: Ninja-Kun: Majō no Bōken (Ninja Kid - Demon Castle Adventure) [Arcade]

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
Game info (Wikipedia)

Gameplay video

Core info

The random core for this week is specific to this game, so we'll do this plus a different console core so we still have games to nominate.

Play however you'd like! The point is to enjoy and have fun, but if you would like to compete on high scores, please let us all know how you played (as in, with a arcade control panel, gamepad, etc.). We're on the honor system here for reporting high scores, so if you used cheats, fess up!

Please share with us your thoughts, jokes, frustrations or anything else related to this game that you may discover (i.e. if you discover the game itself was featured or visible in some other form of entertainment like a movie or TV show).
PistolsAtDawn

Re: CGC Game 8: Ninja-Kun: Majō no Bōken (Ninja Kid - Demon Castle Adventure) [Arcade]

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

I played this for a while yesterday, and it's fun! The physics are a little floaty, but once you get used to that it's not a problem. I think it's actually what sets this game apart from a lot of other platformers.

I played until round 17. I'll probably play more of this for sure.
charmless

Re: CGC Game 8: Ninja-Kun: Majō no Bōken (Ninja Kid - Demon Castle Adventure) [Arcade]

Unread post by charmless »

Finally had some time to try this out. Managed to get to level 8. So you got me beat, It's definitely an ok game but the controls are a bit too floaty for my tastes and the music gets annoying - fast. But I really like the Japanese weirdness with the pictures showing up after picking up a scroll (?).

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)