Multitap Support

mineral55

Multitap Support

Unread post by mineral55 »

Are they supported at all? I got one to allow for memory card access through my SNAC adapter but I can't get other controllers/memcards working. I tried setting it to SNAC-port1 with the other controller and multitap setting disabled. I guess it's not implemented yet?
mineral55

Re: Multitap Support

My bad! I tried a game that wasn't multitap compatible and it appears to work fine with the extra ports but I'm not sure how to test the memory card ones. Anyone know a game that makes use of the multitap memcard slots?
segamemister

Unread post by segamemister »

Have you tried an offical ps1 memory card memcard pro wont work people said not enough power

viewtopic.php?p=61378&hilit=Memcard#p61378
mineral55

Yes, everything is OEM and I have one of those meanwell 4A power supplies
naylord

Unread post by naylord »

Hey I don't think the extra memory card slots on a multitap ever do anything. I believe the extra 3 ports have memory card slots simply becuase I think they were manufacturing the controller sockets as memory card/ controller socket pairs and were not custom making controler sockets only for the multitap. If you look at pictures of a PSX OEM multitap, it has a picture of a memory card explicitly only over the first port.