Arcadia Core on a CRT?

emuola

Arcadia Core on a CRT?

Unread post by emuola »

Still setting up my shiny new Mister. Realised there's also an MPT-03/Arcadia core, which is the very first "touch" with anything video game related in my life ❤ Unfortunately the Arcadia core does not even show the menu, when hooked up to a Sony BVM CRT :( All the other cores see to work just fine. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Latest version of all sw.

rcade

Re: Arcadia Core on a CRT?

Unread post by rcade »

I don't believe the core supports the 15KHz video output. Nobody is currently working on it...
spud_q

Unread post by spud_q »

Not a great solution but you could add this to the end of your Mister.ini as a stop gap.

[Arcadia]
vga_scaler=1
video_mode=320,8,32,24,240,4,3,16,6048
emuola

Unread post by emuola »

spud_q wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:32 am Not a great solution but you could add this to the end of your Mister.ini as a stop gap.

[Arcadia]
vga_scaler=1
video_mode=320,8,32,24,240,4,3,16,6048
Thanks for the reply, but the result is unfortunately the same. Tweaking the core specific resolution might do the trick, I guess. Is there anything I could change in the line, to fix the problem? I have no clue other than the 320x240 that I presume the line refers to :oops:
spud_q

Unread post by spud_q »

I'm not too sure, maybe someone who has a better understanding of modelines can help out. I was using that line for another core and it seems to work with this Arcadia one. I'm using component cables on a consumer tv which might explain why I'm having luck where you are not.

Here is a doc with an explanation of the modelines if that is helpful.
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... TION-GUIDE
emuola

Unread post by emuola »

spud_q wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:48 pm I'm not too sure, maybe someone who has a better understanding of modelines can help out. I was using that line for another core and it seems to work with this Arcadia one. I'm using component cables on a consumer tv which might explain why I'm having luck where you are not.

Here is a doc with an explanation of the modelines if that is helpful.
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... TION-GUIDE
Ok, thanks :) When you said you're using component signal, do you have this setting enabled in the Mister.ini?

Code: Select all

ypbpr=1
spud_q

Unread post by spud_q »

Yes that's correct. Most everything else is default.