Update All Script Updated - No Internet Connection

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
eldritch

Update All Script Updated - No Internet Connection

Unread post by eldritch »

So I ran the "update_all" script this morning as I always do. However this morning I got a message telling me there was an update to the "update_all" script and that this was a one-time thing and to run it again. So I tried running it again and I'm now getting the error message "No Internet Connection, please try again later. Press any key to continue"

I tried restarting the Mister but I still get the error message when running the "update_all" script. I show the internet icon indicating I have an internet connection so obviously that's not it. I never had any error messages running the update_all script until today.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
RackyVegas

Re: Update All Script Updated - No Internet Connection

Unread post by RackyVegas »

I am experiencing the same thing. Ran update_all, got the same message you did telling me to run the script again, then the "No Internet Connection, please try again later. Press any key to continue" message. Tried restarting, but no luck. My internet connection is working and my MiSTer has an IP address and I can Filezilla into it, so it looks like it's connected to my home network. Weird.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

Download this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/theyp ... ate_all.sh
Then replace it at Scripts/update_all.sh

There was a time window of 5 minutes that installed a buggy launcher, and it seems you got unlucky. Should not happen anymore.
eldritch

Unread post by eldritch »

theypsilon wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:02 pm Download this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/theyp ... ate_all.sh
Then replace it at Scripts/update_all.sh

There was a time window of 5 minutes that installed a buggy launcher, and it seems you got unlucky. Should not happen anymore.
That did the trick, thanks for the file.
JSN

Unread post by JSN »

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same exact issue. I had tried downloading the file referenced above, and got a different error as well... i'll try to replicate.... any other ideas?

EDIT:
Error when using that file says:

/tmp/script: /media/fat/Scripts/update_all.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

really scratching my head here.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

By any chance: did you edit a file using notepad?
^M is return which is used by windows for end of line (to be exact return + line feed), linux uses line feed.
If so download again the file.
When editing text files for MISTer use Notepad++ which supports Windows, Linux and Mac end of line and can convert any one to any other one.
JSN

Unread post by JSN »

Yep you called it, I was using notepad. Will try again with ++, do you have a link you can refer to use?
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Just google it, when you start it go to the edit menu -> EOL and make sure you have it set to Linux (or Unix). For basic use you don't have to learn anything.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

More exactly: if you create a new file make sure you set EOL properly, if you edit an existing file it will recognize the EOL type, if it is not Unix set it up to Unix.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

If you have ssh running, you can log in, and type:

Code: Select all

cd /media/fat/Scripts
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer/master/update_all.sh
You can copy and paste that in most terminals. That will get the original raw script exactly as it's supposed to be, and dump it directly on the disk, so that Notepad can't mess anything up.

You can also use F9 from the menu to get to a command prompt, but there's no cut-and-paste, so you'd have to type that whole thing out verbatim. Be careful to preserve case; it could outright fail, or do weird things, if you don't.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Unread post by RealLarry »

jca wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:22 pm Just google it
Bad idea! Most people tend to click on the first presented link and are downloading whatever but not the real thing - depending on their experience and the search engine used.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
(link taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notepad++)
Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

If nothing helps so far, please install this launcher too and run this one instead: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/theyp ... nsecure.sh
JSN

Unread post by JSN »

UPDATE - It eventually worked just by trying to connect again and again... i have 2 misters (1 normal and one mistercade) it didn't seem to matter if i was using wifi or ethernet.

Very confused, yet happy it eventually worked.
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

The problem, it seems, is that after the most recent script, this is now a thing (with ANY domain):

ERROR: The certificate of 'raw.githubusercontent.com' is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of 'raw.githubusercontent.com' doesn't have a known issuer.

Not sure what changed to trigger this (I hadn't updated in probably a couple of months), but for me, only the insecure script functions at all.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

That might be the date not getting set correctly, which would also imply network connectivity issues. SSL certs are valid from and to specific dates, and if your system date isn't being set, it will think all certs are invalid.

Do you have both an Ethernet and a WiFi connection active? That's always bad news. And we had someone over in the Amiga section that was having a terrible time with networking if a WiFi dongle was even plugged in without being configured.