Update All 2.0 Is Here

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Update All 2.0 Is Here

Unread post by Xbytez »

theypsilon (@josembarroso) has after more than two years since his update_all scripts initial release, now released the second major version of Update All.

See the public patreon post for full details of the changes:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/73589304

UpdateAll2.jpg
UpdateAll2.jpg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 11027 times
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Update All 2.0 Is Here

Unread post by akeley »

Good stuff, it really grew to be quite a powerful tool. It's great to see wizzo's scripts are now included too.
clarkkent

Unread post by clarkkent »

The documentation notes downloader has to be activated to update to 2.0. How can the downloader be activated?
Higgy

Unread post by Higgy »

Just doing it now.
Looks like you just run the Update_All Script as normal. It will say about the 2.0 update and you just need to run the Script again.
Seems to be running through.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

clarkkent wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:10 am The documentation notes downloader has to be activated to update to 2.0. How can the downloader be activated?
When you go to the Settings Screen by pressing up during the countdown, it will ask you to activate it. If it's not asking you it means you already activated it.

The upgrade to Update All 2.0 only happens within MiSTer, not with the updater-pc btw.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

theypsilon wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:46 am When you go to the Settings Screen by pressing up during the countdown, it will ask you to activate it. If it's not asking you it means you already activated it.

The upgrade to Update All 2.0 only happens within MiSTer, not with the updater-pc btw.
Good evening José,

Thank you for bringing us this huge milestone! Every module seems to have been "up-tuned", and the script runs faster than ever.

However, there's something strange going on with the bios_db sequence; upon first launch yesterday, it has gone ahead to delete the bios files from my ..fat/games/PSX folder specifically, but doesn't download them anew.

No big deal as I put them back on manually once I figured out what's happened, just something that you might want to investigate (sorry, can't file a github issue).

[Edit]I think the problem hides in here somewhere,

Code: Select all

"PSX": {
        "boot.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7001.BIN",
            "hash": "1e68c231d0896b7eadcad1d7d8e76129",
            "size": 524288
        },
        "boot1.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7000.BIN",
            "hash": "8e4c14f567745eff2f0408c8129f72a6",
        },
        "boot2.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7002.BIN",
            "hash": "b9d9a0286c33dc6b7237bb13cd46fdee",
        },
        "sbi.zip": {
            "file": "sbi.zip",
            "hash": "706d60ab2dfdbfdd53be2069cb85a1fe",
            "size": 218953
        }
    },
as it doesn't convert SCPH700..bin into boot..rom according to build_db.py at line 44 :?
CartoonDonkey

Unread post by CartoonDonkey »

Slightly off topic:
Any way to simply change the overall font for scripts shown in the console? Default font is huge on my 1084s crt. And the whole console screen gets shifted to the left. (I'm using this screenmode for the main menu, which is the only thing that really works for me.)

[Menu]
video_mode=640,6,56,66,224,14,8,18,12000
vga_scaler=1
lamarax
Top Contributor

Unread post by lamarax »

CartoonDonkey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:26 pm Slightly off topic:
Any way to simply change the overall font for scripts shown in the console? Default font is huge on my 1084s crt. And the whole console screen gets shifted to the left. (I'm using this screenmode for the main menu, which is the only thing that really works for me.)

[Menu]
vga_scaler=1
That's an issue pertaining to the linux console properties, not any script in particular.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

lamarax wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:13 pm Good evening José,

Thank you for bringing us this huge milestone! Every module seems to have been "up-tuned", and the script runs faster than ever.

However, there's something strange going on with the bios_db sequence; upon first run yesterday, it has deleted the bios files from my ..fat/games/PSX folder specifically, but doesn't download them anew.

No big deal as I put them back on manually once I'd figured out what's happened, just something that you might want to investigate (sorry, can't file a github issue).

[Edit]I think the problem hides in here somewhere,

"PSX": {
        "boot.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7001.BIN",
            "hash": "1e68c231d0896b7eadcad1d7d8e76129",
        },
        "boot1.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7000.BIN",
            "hash": "8e4c14f567745eff2f0408c8129f72a6",
        },
        "boot2.rom": {
            "file": "SCPH7002.BIN",
            "hash": "b9d9a0286c33dc6b7237bb13cd46fdee",
        },
        "sbi.zip": {
            "file": "sbi.zip",
            "hash": "706d60ab2dfdbfdd53be2069cb85a1fe",
            "size": 218953
        }
    },
as it doesn't convert SCPH700..bin into boot..rom according to build_db.py at line 44 :?
This is not related to this release, as you are describing Downloader/BiosDB behavior and these hasn't been touched since August/May respectively. But it might be that you plugged a USB drive with the games folder, and now it got installed there instead.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Yeah I recall having to edit some ini to point to my USB drive for arcade ROMs. But there's no setting here in 2.0 and yet it seems to have figured it out on its own?
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

CartoonDonkey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:26 pm Slightly off topic:

[Menu]
vga_scaler=1
You might want to check that you have this setting:

fb_size=1
That sets the size of the console font. 1 is smallest, 2 is twice as large, 4 is four times as large.

I'm not sure how to move your picture to the right. You should be able to move the menu screen right and left with the CRT dials, but video generated by cores may end up in a different place, meaning you'd have to adjust it again. That would get very old.
georgemog

Unread post by georgemog »

This is a good script and I am enjoying using it. It did have me confused when I tried using it via SSH and the terminal was set for vt100, since every time I tried to bring up the settings menu it would crash. This was easily solved by changing the terminal type to xterm-256 colours. It might be worth checking the term type at some point.

This is the error that I see:-

Launching Update All

-------- Update All 2.0 ---------
The All-in-One Updater for MiSTer
---------------------------------