Game Restart While Playing Armed Police Batrider

kernelchagi

Game Restart While Playing Armed Police Batrider

Unread post by kernelchagi »

Hello. Im experiencing a random restart while i play the Armed Police Batrider core and the Battle Garegga core. It happends quite often, i tried to update the core and to delete de config files with no success. Is it normal because the core is still in beta? I have a friend with the same mister as me (Antonio Villena mister) who tells me he is not experiencing this.
MaxPlaysMiSTer

Re: Game Restart While Playing Armed Police Batrider

Unread post by MaxPlaysMiSTer »

I have had heat related issues with this core. Do you have a fan/cooling for your MiSTer?
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

I'm experiencing the exact same thing, both with this core and Battle Bakraid. I can play them for a minute or two, and then they crash and reboot.

I just looked and realised that my fan failed, however, so heat could be related.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

I got a replacement fan in today, and at least Battle Bakraid seems fine again. The diagnosis of a heat problem appears accurate, at least in my case.

There's a subscriber here who insists that all you need is a heatsink. That's probably true for his hardware, but it doesn't seem to be for mine.
bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

I ordered one of the fanless aluminum cases from MiSTerAddons that uses the case as a large passive heatsink. Haven't installed it yet, but it sounds like this core will be an interesting test at its effectiveness.
bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

I'm probably wasting my time posting this message, but I'm scientific and a nerd by nature so maybe someone will be interested. I've been running the Battle Bakraid Special Version core for the past few hours to see what happens. The fanless aluminum MiSTerAddons case has gotten pretty warm to the touch but not uncomfortably so, and the core seems to continue running smoothly and uninterruptedly.

Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

That's good news. Even better, it's a permanent solution. Fans can fail, but an aluminum case won't. It should outlast any mechanical cooling device, even a top-grade fan like a Noctua.

edit: it's also a lot less prone to accumulating dust.

Maxriptide

Unread post by Maxriptide »

I don't know if this can be of any help but I've played a lot of both Batrider and Battle Bakraid, I've 1cc'ed them many times and I haven't experienced any restart. I have an Antonio Villena Mister with heathsink on the fpga chip and a small fan on it