GunCon 2 Dropping Inputs

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
naylord

GunCon 2 Dropping Inputs

Unread post by naylord »

So I was playing Point Blank on PSX using a guncon 2 with the driver supplied here https://github.com/NolanNicholson/GunCon2-MiSTer and I found that often when I`m shooting rapidly (as you do in Point Blank) the screen will flash with every shot but many of the shots won`t hit the screen. I can tell because I don`t see the little hitbox of the bullet on the screen during those shots that are missing. It`s quite frustrating and even though it`s easy to miss it makes it essentially impossible to play well.

Playing with a GunCon 1 via snac it seems to work perfectly. I`m a little bummed because I only have one Guncon 1 and I bought the two guncon 2s precisely for Mister universal lightgun support. Any tips on how to deal with this?
RascalUK

Re: GunCon 2 Dropping Inputs

Unread post by RascalUK »

I may have the same prob. Cannot get my G2 to work/sync with my big Sony TV even though it worked when I briefly tested it at first on a 14” portable. I posted at the time but gave up.

I get the flashes but have no real control of the hit box and if I try and calibrate the gun I can see the movement but it just doesn’t work properly. Sounds similar to your issues.

I don’t use the drivers though - I think it is all baked in these days.
naylord

Unread post by naylord »

Hmm my issues are definitely not as bad. I'm also using it baked in I just mean it's due to this work being merged into the Mister mainline repo that I'm using it.

But yeah, I can go to the calibration screen, see the cursor follow my aim pretty accurately. Generally if a shot hits, it's hitting on target.
AngelicLiver

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

I use the GunCon 2 in conjunction with the original GunCon with no issues.

You may need to increase the brightness of your screen or you may have an under powered power supply. Are you using a powered USB hub with a decent power supply?
naylord

Unread post by naylord »

AngelicLiver wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:46 am I use the GunCon 2 in conjunction with the original GunCon with no issues.

You may need to increase the brightness of your screen or you may have an under powered power supply. Are you using a powered USB hub with a decent power supply?
I'm using one of those USB hubs that draws power using those little prongs from underneath the mainboard. I did get a 4 amp power supply though.

I'll try boosting the brightness and see if that helps.