Coleco BIOS?

JayRockets

Coleco BIOS?

Unread post by JayRockets »

There was no info in the readme. Do I just rename the bios to boot.rom and put it in games/coleco ?
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Re: Coleco BIOS?

Unread post by Moondandy »

If you use the bios_getter script (included as part of the update_all script) it will download all the BIOS files you need for the different cores and correctly name them. I strongly recommend just using update_all (although it is unofficial, but run by the same person who maintains the official downloader script).
JayRockets

Unread post by JayRockets »

I used the pc launcher which I thought was the same as update_all but run from your pc instead of mister. It didnt grab bioses or arcade roms and I didnt see how to set it up to do that on the github docs.
Moondandy
Top Contributor

Unread post by Moondandy »

If you grab the script from here and put it in your MiSTer scripts folder you can just run it from your MiSTer menu
https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

JayRockets wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:41 am There was no info in the readme. Do I just rename the bios to boot.rom and put it in games/coleco ?
That's how it works for me.

It's pretty usual to work that way, because that's how Mister Main provides BIOS files to cores, so I suggest to try before asking next time.

There are some exceptions: cores that allow you to choose the BIOS from the menu (like PSX), others that have the BIOS built-in (like Mattel Aquarius, but that's a questionable practice, for copyright reasons among others) and others that don't use a BIOS at all (like NES).