File Navigation

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Lamaman1971

File Navigation

Unread post by Lamaman1971 »

Hi Folks,

Quick question on Mister navigation - my Hard drive files are on an external USB drive and my core's on the SD card. For reference I am using the Archie core. When I select a hard drive I cannot change volume to move onto the external USB - is this by design or am I missing a key combination?
Flandango
Core Developer

Re: File Navigation

Unread post by Flandango »

If your external drive contains a /games/Archie folder and your SD card doesn't, it will automatically default to the external hard drive for images (floppy/hd/rom...).
There is no way, as far as I know, to navigate between SD and external devices from Mister's file navigation menu.
If you are not seeing the files that are on your external drive, make sure you have don't have an Archie folder under the games folder on your SD card.
Lamaman1971

Unread post by Lamaman1971 »

Cool - that makes sense - thankyou!
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

If you have files in both the SD card and the external drive, you can always add a symbolic link to access the latter, like this:

Code: Select all

ln -s /media/usb0/games/Archie /media/fat/games/Archie/external
where 'external' is the name of the folder that will appear in the SD card list of files, that will let you access the external drive folder; of course you can choose any name you prefer. I'm assuming that the external drive gets mounted in /media/usb0, which is the default for a single USB drive; if that's not the case, replace it by the appropriate mount point.