Sound Issues

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
SpaghettiGawd

Sound Issues

Unread post by SpaghettiGawd »

Hi,
After running update all I noticed I'm getting no sound from some arcade cores (such as Commando, Congo Bongo, and others) and low sound from other cores such as Cotton.
I also attached and image of an error code I'm getting.

Any thoughts on what this might be?
Attachments
IMG_9917.jpg
IMG_9917.jpg (3.24 MiB) Viewed 961 times
Malor
Top Contributor

Re: Sound Issues

Unread post by Malor »

I was getting no sound from my digital I/O board Toslink port after the update; at least the PSX core was not working.

A cold reboot fixed it. You could try a hard power cycle, even, to see if that helps.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

OT:
Was there some kind of disruption somewhere on the internet?
The image above was coming extremely slow, I estimated that it would take 16 min to download.
I also was downloading a file but with horrible speed at 15KB/Sec and mainly ending in failure.
At the same time I could watch 1080p YouTube videos without any glitch or go to other sites without any slowdown. My connection speed was at 70Mbs.
Today everything is back to normal: the image comes almost instantly, the download of the other file proceed at more than 1MB/Sec.

Back to your post:
My MISTer is up to date and I do not experience any of the problems you mentioned.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

That error is just telling you that you have an out of date ini file. That option has been removed. You should remove it from your ini
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

I would suggest downloading a new MiSTer.ini since your version is like 3 years old given that error message. Then go through the settings and set it up the way you want it.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... MiSTer.ini

As for the sound issue, go into the OSD and press left on the joystick, make sure your volume sliders are turned all the way up.
birdybro~