SNAC Version of C64/C16/VIC-20

harhar666

SNAC Version of C64/C16/VIC-20

Unread post by harhar666 »

Hi people,

I've seen the question before, but I'm one of those extremely fussy gamer types. When playing Great Gianna Sisters, Bruce Lee (2) etc., my USB <-> DB9 converter (only one frame input delay or so) is VERY good, but really, honestly, frustrating for that one frame delay. When I play on my real C128D, it still feels like coming home.

I know there used to be C64/Amiga/Spectrum etc cores with the SNAC port enabled, which should reduce the lag to next to zero. But they have disappeared. Is there a side compile somewhere for these cores WITH the SNAC still enabled? (and probably other things not working any more via the joystick port).

I LOVE the MiSTer project! For the Sega and Nintendo consoles f.i. playing them via SNAC with their original controllers for me feels like the real thing. Even the Arcade ports seem to do that. But not the Commodore cores..

Sorry if this a annoying or asked to death kind of thing...

Bye, Struisvogel.

Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Re: SNAC Version of C64/C16/VIC-20

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

The Daemonbite DB9 USB adaptor only adds around 0.74ms of latency, are you sure your adaptor adds 1 frame (16ms) ?
If so they are cheap to make and games feel spot on

The is SNAC support for the C64 core via Antonio Villena DB9 SNAC using the forked cores but you also need one of his AIO boards or an Ironclad ITX

lroby74

Unread post by lroby74 »

There are some other cores that support SNAC adapter even for paddles and gun too, i believe that this missing feature con C= 8 bits computer and on Amiga is a great disappointment.
I would like a lot to be able to take Snac code from Atari 7800 core and find how to implement on Snac missing cores like C64 or Amiga.
MD / SMS SNAC adapter would be perfect for these cores

AmintaMister

Unread post by AmintaMister »

An absolute priority for the MiSTEr project and for the preservation of the history of the computing and of the art of videogames.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

Agreed. Even the VIC-20 has support for paddles and light-pens (which means a light gun would also work). A couple of official Commodore cartridges support paddles (like Omega Race) or even need them (like Pinball Spectacular).

Personally, I would love analog input support for the Commodore cores, so I can use my Daptor D9 and PDL with my original paddles.

A friend of mine made Duck Hunt for the C-64, which works with a light gun, would be great to be able to play this on MiSTer.

Syntax Error

Unread post by Syntax Error »

wouldnt mind easyflash support either ....

Bas
Top Contributor

Unread post by Bas »

EasyFlash carts work. They just don't retain any data that gets written to the EasyFlash memory area. Is that really a big issue? I'm writing a game on EasyFlash myself right now and I don't miss this feature at all.

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

Well, that's obviously pretty dependent on the game.