Elgato Game Capture HD60 X, VRR Support and 50Hz on MiSTer?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
thisisamigaspeaking

Elgato Game Capture HD60 X, VRR Support and 50Hz on MiSTer?

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

I see that the HD60 X has VRR support, has anyone tried this with MiSTer? How about 50Hz? I would imagine 50Hz (let alone VRR or vsync_adjust) is going to make many capture cards stumble so maybe this is the perfect card if they play nicely with each other.

Or are there any budget options that will work with Minimig at 50 Hz?

FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: Elgato Game Capture HD60 X, VRR Support and 50Hz on MiSTer?

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

The elgato's feature seems to be VRR passthru. I don't think it's capable of recording at 50 hz, although it might take it upon itself to insert 50hz input into a 60hz container.

One thing to ask would be what you intend to use the video for... not too many online streaming/video services will even play back 50hz. Just using vsync_adjust=0 can have the Mister itself do a decent conversion to 60hz over HDMI, especially if you have the analog I/O board to play on a CRT in the meantime.

thisisamigaspeaking

Re: Elgato Game Capture HD60 X, VRR Support and 50Hz on MiSTer?

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

I took a video with a webcam today to show someone in another thread that a game seemed to be working and I figured it would be nice to have a capture card (the video quality was terrible and I got tired of messing with settings). If a $40 device with passthrough would do the job that'd be great, I just thought maybe the VRR-aware one would work better. I do have an analog I/O board, no CRT but a 5:4 VGA LCD I could use. In another room though (where I am thinking of moving the MiSTer actually).