Did the Update to the Updater Launcher Delete the Updater Log?

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
jca
Top Contributor

Did the Update to the Updater Launcher Delete the Updater Log?

Unread post by jca »

I ran the update all script and saw some updates. As the Organizer completely rebuilt the database I could not read any longer what was updated. I looked in the Updater log but there was not much to see besides
Installing new Update All launcher
Launcher updated successfully.
Did this update deleted the log and created a new one just for the Launcher update?

theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Re: Did the Update to the Updater Launcher Delete the Updater Log?

Unread post by theypsilon »

You probably didn't notice before, but downloader and AO updates have already not been in the log for a couple of months. You can check the rest of the changes at Scripts/.config/downloader/downloader.log
I plan to combine the logs again at some point, but is not trivial work.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I also looked in the downloader.log but did not see the updates. I must have overlooked them.
Do the cheats updates also appear in downloader.log? I am sure these where not therem and there was a bunch of them.

theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Unread post by theypsilon »

They were there for sure, but when you rerun downloader, the log gets overwritten.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I looked before re-running the script. I must have made a mistake at some point and won't argue.
I had kind of found out that the updates were not in the updater log as I also look in the downloader log if I don't see what I am looking for.
So the updater log is not much of a use except when something goes wrong?
I also have downloader1.log and downloader2.log. These are old 10/28. What are these?
Any celebration coming for the burial of update.sh?

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I figure out my double mistake.
It started with this post viewtopic.php?t=5890, I wanted to help and ran the update script. I decided to run a 2nd update to make my reply. Knowing that this would delete the log and wanting to make my reply to the post I uploaded the updater log to my PC.
Mistake 1: that's the wrong log.
I got busy and when I wanted to check the log I forgot all about it and checked the updater and downloader logs on MISTer (Mistake 2).
After answering to your today's posts it started to bother me and remembered I downloaded the log but as it is the wrong one it is not of much use.

During the first update I saw updates to AO486, Homelab, may be some others but also a mame rom.
I looked in the mame directory sorted by date and it is kageki.zip but I could not figure out which mra is involved and this is the reason I wanted to check what was downloaded.
Today I went on Jotego Gihub and by checking update dates in his repository I figured out it was a Kageki mra which is in beta.
The same happened to me some time ago with the Insector mra.
When Jotego cores are in beta and one does not request his betas the updater downloads the rbf and the zips but not the mras.
This is not a critique as there must be good reasons for doing so and avoiding it would be a big headache for you.