I Ask For Help With Launching Amiga Games

folderwin

I Ask For Help With Launching Amiga Games

Unread post by folderwin »

I am very bad at amiga. Please tell me how to run games or an Amiga OS, I have only an image insert a floppy disk, I understand that the programs are on an analog of a hard disk(.hdf), but how to boot from it???

SuperBabyHix

Re: I Ask For Help With Launching Amiga Games

Unread post by SuperBabyHix »

While setting up a hard disk image and running games from it using WHDload is very handy, I would say if you have never used and Amiga and just want to try out some of the games using floppy disk images is the easiest way to play.

If you are at the "insert floppy" boot screen, all you need to do is open the Mister menu and load an .adf file.

Most Amiga game floppy disk images you will find will be cracked and often have a trainer or cheat menu that loads at first. The only unintuitive thing about these is usually they require the mouse to navigate, not the keyboard or joystick.

If you want to try out the Amiga OS easily, I suggest checking out Classic WB, https://classicwb.abime.net/. These are basically pre-made HDF files that contain a set of configurations scripts and shareware/freeware utilities that make it very easy to get a good Amiga Workbench setup. They do not, however, contain the OS itself, you will need to have your own set of Workbench .adf files.

thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

folderwin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm

I am very bad at amiga. Please tell me how to run games or an Amiga OS, I have only an image insert a floppy disk, I understand that the programs are on an analog of a hard disk(.hdf), but how to boot from it???

I suggest getting MegaAGS. There should be instructions for setting that up.

folderwin

Unread post by folderwin »

thisisamigaspeaking wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:35 am
folderwin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:04 pm

I suggest getting MegaAGS. There should be instructions for setting that up.

That's what I'm writing about. The instructions say: "DURING boot, press esc to load the amiga os.". But during which boot it is not clear, at the time when they offer to insert a floppy disk, nothing happens. I wrote inaccurately, I can't just download the game from the hard drive that comes with MegaAGS.

thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

Seems like this is more not understanding how MiSTer works than the Amiga itself, or equal parts I guess.

Extract all the files in the main archive (MegaAGS-v2022.11.11.7z) over your MiSTer /media/fat folder, and extract all the files in the extra archive (MegaAGS-Extras.7z) also over /media/fat.