Slap Fight Not Downloading

jca
Top Contributor

Slap Fight Not Downloading

Unread post by jca »

Is it because it is named Arcade-SlapFight.rbf instead of Arcade-SlapFight_20221226.rbf?

nico24
Core Developer

Re: Slap Fight Not Downloading

Unread post by nico24 »

Maybe the dowloader hasn't logged it yet - I think it checks 3 times a day or something.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

It has been logged. As of now Arcade updated 2 hours ago, Distribution MISTer 15 minutes ago. I also think the update frequency is a lot more, like 1 or 2 hours. Due to the automation names have to respect a certain syntax. The same happened when XSleena was first released:
viewtopic.php?p=65674#p65674
I manually downloaded it, MAME Getter is still not updated but I downloaded Alcon.zip merged which works for both mras.

nico24
Core Developer

Unread post by nico24 »

Ah ok. Good call.

kubbie

Unread post by kubbie »

Not downloading for me either.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

The core name has been updated and after that MISTer Distribution has been updated. You should be able to get it via the update script. Not sure if Mame Getter has been updated.

RiotRay

Unread post by RiotRay »

Does anybody else beside me have weird graphic glitches on top of the screen? I guess this core is still being worked on?

thx

Arbitrary Function

Unread post by Arbitrary Function »

RiotRay wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:21 pm

Does anybody else beside me have weird graphic glitches on top of the screen? I guess this core is still being worked on?

thx

Same for me.
It’s also named “bootleg” in the list, but perhaps that’s correct?

MysteryM10

Unread post by MysteryM10 »

I’m sure he said the bootleg version was done due to not implementing the protection chip.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

If you run update all it will download the latest version of the core which fixes the graphic glitch at the top of the screen and "Added HBLANK clipping and audio speed up for Tiger Heli".

Regarding Alcon:
I am no mra guru, far from it but as the difference between Alcon and Slap Fighter is "(This is a simple ROM swap of the foreground characters)" may be I could figure something.
Now I got a working mra which says Alcon on the title screen but I don't see any real difference between the 2 games and I don't remember how it looked like in the initial release.
In any case here it is, I renamed the mra to Alcon2 in case update all decides to restore the original Alcon mra.
Even if my fix is not complete we can pretend it is Alcon, it is what it says on the title screen. :D

Attachments
Alcon2 Bootleg.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
kold666

Unread post by kold666 »

Alcon is the export version. The CPU roms are also different and on the original game there is a different part number MCU, but I really don't know if there a difference in gameplay

Alcon was also made as a proper Jamma pcb , while Slap Fight was only pre jamma if I recall correctly