Tiger-Heli Issues

lagerfeldt

Tiger-Heli Issues

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

First of all I'm very pleased Tiger-Heli has arrived for the MiSTer FPGA, based on the Slap Fight core.

However, I'm experiencing the following problem:

· There's no orientation option (?) so it's stuck in the wrong orientation on the screen, i.e. not vertical on my HDMI screen, which renders it pretty unplayable at the moment.

The buttons "Fire" and "Weapon Select" have been swapped/are mislabeled, i.e. "Weapon Select" from Slap Fight should be "Bomb" and the buttons swapped.

I suppose it's simply work in progress as there appears to be other minor bugs with glitches and the music, but just in case... does Anton Gale have a Patreon? Couldn't find it.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website

Retro-Nerd

Re: Tiger-Heli Issues

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

The output resolution via HDMI seems wrong too, for both games. There is a lot of shimmering. We have to wait i guess.

lagerfeldt

Yeah, I noticed a the heavy shimmering in Slap Fight. Harder to see with Tiger-Heli for me due to the orientation issue overshadowing that.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

lagerfeldt wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:15 pm

First of all I'm very pleased Tiger-Heli has arrived for the MiSTer FPGA, based on the Slap Fight core.

However, I'm experiencing the following problem:

· There's no orientation option (?) so it's stuck in the wrong orientation on the screen, i.e. not vertical on my HDMI screen, which renders it pretty unplayable at the moment.

The buttons "Fire" and "Weapon Select" have been swapped/are mislabeled, i.e. "Weapon Select" from Slap Fight should be "Bomb" and the buttons swapped.

I suppose it's simply work in progress as there appears to be other minor bugs with glitches and the music, but just in case... does Anton Gale have a Patreon? Couldn't find it.

Just for better understanding, what do you mean be stuck in the wrong orientation on the screen, i.e. not vertical? The game should display fine on normal HDMI (non-rotated) displays. There is an option to flip the screen under the dip switch settings (called Screen normal/inverted).

EDIT: Nevermind, you already wrote it, I just didn't read properly. Yeah there is no rotation at the moment, which is strange as Alcon has a rotation option (at least after todays mra update).

Retro-Nerd

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Both games are fixed now.

lagerfeldt

Thanks!

· Orientation √
· Shimmering/resolution √

Still missing is the mislabelling and swap of the fire/bomb buttons. Not sure if the occasional (sprite?) glitch in the left side of the screen is in the original board or a bug.

MiSTer RePlay website

lagerfeldt

From Stage 2 (or some event that causes this) there seems to be a sprite offset that causes the right-most line of sprites to spill over into the left side of the screen.

There's also a bug at the end of Stage 3 where a full horizontal stripe is flickering and blocking the screen. Some jets don't seem to appear correctly or are missing.

MiSTer RePlay website

WaveAmbassador

Unread post by WaveAmbassador »

I have an issue with Direct Video and HD Fury 3 where the tate orientation is upside down. Is it possible to flip?