MiSTer vs MiSTercade

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
superbitsandbob

MiSTer vs MiSTercade

Unread post by superbitsandbob »

Anyone have experience of both?

For use in a candy cab and I was wondering if the MiSTercade is essentially the same thing but with a JAMMA edge. From some videos I have seen it seems as though you can still connect it to a TV of some kind. Was wondering if a standard MiSTer with a JAMMA addon would be better or if they are essentially the same functionality wise with regards to cores and the ability to connect to a TV if desired.

AngelicLiver

Re: MiSTer vs MiSTercade

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

MiSTercade is effectively an IO board that also has a JAMMA edge, I don't have first hand experience but friends over the pond love it. There are also alternatives from Irken Labs, Antonio Villena and Jammix, there are even JVS versions available and more are popping up all the time.

So yeah, if you have a JAMMA equipped cab, these are a good all-in-one solution.

superbitsandbob

Re: MiSTer vs MiSTercade

Unread post by superbitsandbob »

I am about to order a MiSTercade and just to confirm my paranoia that it can be plugged into a TV for use as an alternative when not using a JAMMA cabinet? Thanks! :)