USB Bridge Board

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
kubbie

USB Bridge Board

Unread post by kubbie »

All,

I just bought the newest Mister Aluminum case and found out that the case is made for the short USB Bridge board but I have the long bridge board. My USB hub uses the USB connector and not a barrel connector. If I buy a short USB bridge board will it fit on my current USB Hub or do I have to buy a new USB hub that comes with the short USB bridge board to make it fit into the case?

Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: USB Bridge Board

Unread post by Xbytez »

You need a USB hub like this as show on the metal case product page. So I think you will need a new complete new USB hub if you wish to use this case type.

Requires a USB hub with DC power jack and USB bracket. If you don’t have a USB bracket, please ensure you have header pins behind the micro USB port.

usb-hub-misteraddons-case-type.png
usb-hub-misteraddons-case-type.png (207.36 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
kubbie

Unread post by kubbie »

I don't have the USB bracket on mine. Other problem is the 14mm stand off is also too long because I think of my board so I can't fit the screw under the case to put on the top either. I hope the seller will let me return the case.

Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

The usb bracket is a separate board, the case should come with standoffs.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

if you are good at soldering you would simply need to remove the power in USb and replace it with a barrel jack. Solder in the header in front of the micro USb and get hold of one of the internal bridges

IRONBERG

Unread post by IRONBERG »

You can just make a short micro to micro USB cable as I did