Amiga Assembler Retrocoding auf dem MiSTer FPGA: Hello World! [de]

Community created YouTube tutorials, interviews and helpful online information guides.
syn

Amiga Assembler Retrocoding auf dem MiSTer FPGA: Hello World! [de]

Unread post by syn »

Ich hab früher Assembler programmiert, aber nie auf dem Amiga. Durch den MiSTer bin ich drauf gekommen, mir m68k Assembler ein bisschen anzuschauen. Ich habe hier versucht, was ich bisher rausgefunden habe in einem Video zusammenzufassen.

https://odysee.com/@testchannel934723:3/m68kasm01

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: Amiga Assembler Retrocoding auf dem MiSTer FPGA: Hello World! [de]

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I programmed a lot in assembly on the Amiga at the time. It is really fun to control all the custom chips and have them control each other. A lot of the hardware uses DMA and interrupts. It feels good to be able to take over the whole machine and have all of its potential available to you.

syn

Unread post by syn »

I loved doing that on the PC on DOS as well. I wrote my own mouse handler routines, did audio DMA with my SoundBlaster Pro, wrote pixels directly to graphics memory... It's similar to microcontroller programming today, except the whole desktop computer was your Arduino.

The Amiga was a little before my time, programming wise. I'm exploring it a bit more now I have the MiSTer. Both the Amiga and the Amiga implementation on the MiSTer seems a great platform for this.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

Cool! Yeah, it is a kind of embedded programming. I did a bit of that as well and it was very familiar.

The MiSTer core is really close, at least as far as the 68000 goes. So far I have only found slight differences when playing the game Hybris. Nice that you are developing on the core itself.