Horizontal and Vertical Adjustments in Settings

Zeosstud

Horizontal and Vertical Adjustments in Settings

Unread post by Zeosstud »

Hello,
Was curious if someone might be interesting in adding the horizontal and vertical adjustments that many games have now to Tron, and Mario Bros. if one was feeling froggy.

Is anyone tracking which games might have these and which ones do not?

Thanks,

Zeosstud

Toya

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Adjustments in Settings

Unread post by Toya »

Some arcade cores has that, others don't. There was a github issue created that was requesting for adding h/v adjustment. https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/issues/477

Zeosstud

Thanks Toya for the information and link, as that request was made in October of 2021, I do not feel like having it here again is a bad thing.

Zeosstud

For me, the games listed and Centipede are ones that are needed most, but, I am a pretty small sample size. :-)

Mostly just trying to dial in games on my Vertical Mistercade setup in a modified Dig Dug cabinet. ( yes I know Mario Bros. listed above is a horizontal game )

I know @jimmiestones just loves messing with the Centipede core, have at it sir!!

folderwin

Unread post by folderwin »

The screen flips over via HDMI. And through sega Saturn connected to a crt TV, it does not work in any way, and in many games, for example, jackal, no way to play, does anyone know if there is a way to turn the picture on a crt TV?

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

folderwin wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:16 pm

The screen flips over via HDMI. And through sega Saturn connected to a crt TV, it does not work in any way, and in many games, for example, jackal, no way to play, does anyone know if there is a way to turn the picture on a crt TV?

Do you mean put a vertical game in a CRT without rotating it? Emulators such as using a RGB-Pi have this option, with vertical black bars, but the result is quite terrible.,

If you mean if the rotation is not in the way you want it, I think I saw once a tutorial to rewire some cables of a CRT tube so it is flipped, but it would be a permanent mod, I don't think you could keep changing them.