Atari 5200 - What controllers do you use?

TwoShedsWilson

Atari 5200 - What controllers do you use?

Unread post by TwoShedsWilson »

I'm really curious what controllers people are using for the 5200? Are you worrying about the # pad at all or using some workaround for it? Digital or analogue? Just curious as I've been trying to figure out what I want to use (I suppose for the "vision" consoles too).

werpu

Re: Atari 5200 - What controllers do you use?

Unread post by werpu »

Normal controllers and a keyboard, but given most atari 5200 games do not really use the pad anyway you can play most of them with something like a gamepad or an arcade stick.

ZForceFFC

Unread post by ZForceFFC »

I use a PS5 DualSense for most games including the 5200. Generally I can map enough of the keys to the buttons and analogue stick to make like 90% of the games playable. I have a reproduction Jaguar controller with USB Adaptor to play the "Vision" games that I really need the keypad for. The only think I haven't really been able to figure out is a comfortable way to play the dual stick 5200 games (Mainly Space Dungeon). I wish there was a way to map the second controller to the right analogue stick.

Eisengrim

Unread post by Eisengrim »

werpu wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:45 pm

Normal controllers and a keyboard, but given most atari 5200 games do not really use the pad anyway you can play most of them with something like a gamepad or an arcade stick.

How are you able to map controller buttons and a keyboard? Whenever I try to map 5200 buttons, it only takes input from the controller. I'd like to be able to map the keypad inputs to my keyboard.