MiSTer Starts Running Random Cores and a Random ROM?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
TuffyDK

MiSTer Starts Running Random Cores and a Random ROM?

Unread post by TuffyDK »

Hi all,

I've just bought a fully assembled MISTer FPGA, and it works just fine. I've been running update, and got the script update_all as I have run too.

I have enabled all I can enable, perhaps its not a good idea, cuz now after 30 sec or so, my MISTer starts running random Cores and a random rom, like starting NES and a rom it can find, and starts the game.

My question is, where can I disable it, so I just have the main screen running, where I can choose Arcace, Computer, Console, etc

Regards
Frank

IRONBERG

Re: MiSTer Starts Running Random Cores and a Random ROM?

Unread post by IRONBERG »

Look for Attract_Mode.ini in your scripts folder. Delete it.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

You also have to disable it in the update all script.

TuffyDK

Unread post by TuffyDK »

Hi there.

There are no Attract_Mode.ini in the scripts folder (/media/fat/Scripts) or anywhere else on the SD card or USB Key (Usb key for all the games tho)

What else can it be???

grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

No wireless keyboard/mouse/gamepads connected that maybe fallen behind something and got forgotten?

Had that with a mouse years ago when i bought a new one with much different form.
Since i must lift the computer forward to reach around and a BIG heavy case and did not want too do that two times IF i did not like the new mouse.

Anyway 2-3 years later i started having all kind of strange issues but not that often so it took months to get to it.
It was the mouse that have been put away behind some stuff that had fallen so it could move a little bit and press both buttons sometimes when the table moved slightly.
One example, its really fun playing FPS games and the right button gets pressed and hold making it aim down sight and no way of stopping it.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

It does sound like MiSTer SAM (Super Attract Mode) got installed and activated as well. A bit odd that the update script would activate it.

One solution is to run the MiSTer_SAM_on script, press up while it is starting to enter its settings and turn off the auto run option.

TuffyDK

Unread post by TuffyDK »

LamerDeluxe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 pm

It does sound like MiSTer SAM (Super Attract Mode) got installed and activated as well. A bit odd that the update script would activate it.

One solution is to run the MiSTer_SAM_on script, press up while it is starting to enter its settings and turn off the auto run option.

That seems to do the trick - Thanks man :-)

/TuffyDK

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

TuffyDK wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 pm
LamerDeluxe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:17 pm

That seems to do the trick - Thanks man :-)

/TuffyDK

Glad to hear that! I'm a big fan of the super attract mode script, but I usually prefer to start it manually. I don't think it is a good idea for the update script to activate it and have it start automatically by default.